Prakash Singh

Learn More
OBJECT Lipomas of the spinal cord are often a component of spinal dysraphic states. Nondysraphic intramedullary spinal cord lipomas are rare, and their presentation, in the form of gradually worsening myelopathy, is nonspecific. The authors report on the methods used for diagnosis and treatment in patients presenting with these lesions at their institution,(More)
DOI: 10.4103/0028-3886.79174 A 30year-old male presented with sudden onset weakness of all four limbs. Clinically, he had hypotonia in all the four limbs and motor weakness was graded at 4/5. Deep tendon reflexes were bilaterally brisk and plantar response was extensor. Magnetic resonance imaging of cervical spine [Figure 1] showed multiple, well--defined,(More)
OBJECT Intraventricular meningiomas are rare tumors. The origin of these tumors can be traced to embryological invagination of arachnoid cells into the choroid plexus. The authors analyzed data that they had collected to study the clinicopathological aspects and review the origin, presentation, imaging, and management of these tumors. METHODS In this(More)
A total of 120 Haemophilus influenzae isolates from blood, cerebrospinal fluid, sputum and throat swabs of patients and carriers in North India was characterised by biotyping, ribotyping and random amplification of polymorphic DNA (RAPD)-PCR. Of these, 77 isolates (64%) were serotype b; the other 43 (36%) were non-typable. Biotype I was the most predominant(More)
BACKGROUND Most of the studies carried out in India to develop regression equations for spirometry in children are now several years-to-decades old and had used equipment and measurement protocols that have since changed. Prediction equations using the current standardisation protocols for spirometry are not available. The lung health of the population may(More)
Between 1995 and 2000, 22 cases with low velocity missile injuries of the spine and spinal cord were treated in three service hospitals. All were adult males, with a mean age of 30.7 years. The wounds were caused by splinters in 18 (82%) and bullets in 4 (18%). Twelve patients received more than one splinter. The cervical and thoracic spines were most(More)
A 42-year-old soldier, a known case of cerebral parenchymal neurocysticercosis presented with insidious onset gradually progressive weakness of both lower limbs for six months. Investigations revealed an intramedullary cyst in the cervicodorsal region. Following surgical excision of an intramedullary cysticercus cyst, the patient showed recovery in his(More)
We present a case of a 28-year-old male who presented with acute abdomen and was later diagnosed to be having ruptured intra-abdominal seminoma with hemoperitoneum, where the pre-operative diagnosis was not made. Laprotomy and complete excision were carried out. Rupture of intra-abdominal testicular seminoma is a rare cause of acute abdomen and(More)
A retrospective analysis of 30 operated cases of prolapsed lumbar disc with cauda equina syndrome was carried out. 27 were male and 3 were female. Age varied from 27 to 60 years. 10 were acute presentation and 20 had previous history of backache-sciatica syndrome. The most common sphincter dysfunction was urinary retention and other neurological findings,(More)