Universidade da Beira Interior
Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Security issues in cloud environments: a survey
- Diogo A. B. Fernandes, Liliana F. B. Soares, J. Gomes, M. Freire, Pedro R. M. Inácio
- Computer ScienceInternational Journal of Information Security
- 1 April 2014
This paper surveys the works on cloud security issues, making a comprehensive review of the literature on the subject and proposes a taxonomy for their classification, addressing several key topics, namely vulnerabilities, threats, and attacks.
CloudSim Plus: A cloud computing simulation framework pursuing software engineering principles for improved modularity, extensibility and correctness
- Manoel C. Silva Filho, Raysa L. Oliveira, C. C. Monteiro, Pedro R. M. Inácio, M. Freire
- Computer ScienceIFIP/IEEE Symposium on Integrated Network and…
- 8 May 2017
This work presents CloudSim Plus, an open source simulation framework that pursues conformance to software engineering principles and object-oriented design in order to provide an extensible, modular and accurate tool.
Applications of artificial immune systems to computer security: A survey
Approaches for optimizing virtual machine placement and migration in cloud environments: A survey
Detection and classification of peer-to-peer traffic: A survey
- J. Gomes, Pedro R. M. Inácio, Manuela Pereira, M. Freire, P. Monteiro
- Computer ScienceCSUR
- 1 June 2013
This article surveys the studies on peer-to-peer traffic detection and classification, making an extended review of the literature and provides a comprehensive analysis of the concepts and strategies for network monitoring.
Secure user authentication in cloud computing management interfaces
- Liliana F. B. Soares, Diogo A. B. Fernandes, M. Freire, Pedro R. M. Inácio
- Computer ScienceIEEE 32nd International Performance Computing and…
- 1 December 2013
The emergence of mobile computing makes authentication a priority, and has been reinforcing the need to build stronger and more resilient mechanisms; and simultaneously providing the means to develop new authentication mechanisms, namely Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) schemes.
Attack and System Modeling Applied to IoT, Cloud, and Mobile Ecosystems
- J. Sequeiros, Francisco T. Chimuco, Musa G. Samaila, M. Freire, Pedro R. M. Inácio
- Computer ScienceACM Comput. Surv.
- 13 March 2020
This article surveys existing approaches, tools, and techniques for attack and system modeling applicable to IoT, Cloud computing, and Mobile Computing and highlights the main existing challenges and open issues in the area.
Cloud Security: State of the Art
- Liliana F. B. Soares, Diogo A. B. Fernandes, J. Gomes, M. Freire, Pedro R. M. Inácio
- Computer Science
Throughout the end of the first half and during the second half of the past century, advances in technology allowed scientists to develop computer systems that would fill large rooms with electronics and consume as much power as several hundreds of modern desktop computers.
The European Comparison of Absolute Gravimeters 2011 (ECAG-2011) in Walferdange, Luxembourg: results and recommendations
We present the results of the third European Comparison of Absolute Gravimeters held in Walferdange, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, in November 2011. Twenty-two gravimeters from both metrological and…