Paul M Meadows

  • Citations Per Year
Learn More
An experimental model has been used to study issues that are relevant to the use of electrical stimulation to help paralyzed individuals walk. Modulated stimulation sequences for the quadriceps muscles were manually selected using an iterative trial-and-error procedure to cause the knee angle to follow a specific movement pattern (desired trajectory). Four(More)
INTRODUCTION  Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is a chronic condition that affects millions adults. The effective standard treatment is positive airway pressure (PAP). However, approximately half of the patients that are prescribed PAP are unable or unwilling to comply with this therapy. Untreated OSA ultimately leads to very serious comorbidities. An(More)
Nine US institutions performed 14,807 Phase I-II treatments of magnetic-induction (Magnetrode [Henry Medical Electronics, Inc., Los Angeles, CA]) hyperthermia in 1170 adults. All had advanced tumors: 20% had untreated inoperable cancer or disease progression despite surgery (10%), radiation therapy (XRT) (3%), chemotherapy (27%), or combinations (40%); 67%(More)
Laboratory rats were acutely implanted with an electrode array composed of eight independently controllable contacts applied to ventral and dorsal aspects of the left and right hypoglossal nerves (HGNs) and their branches. Bipolar intramuscular electromyographic (EMG) electrodes were implanted into the left and right genioglossus, hyoglossus and(More)
Brain scanning by means of externally placed moving scintillation detectors has proven to be an easy accurate method for demonstrating size, shape and position of many types of brain tumors. In a series of 53, there were few false negatives and few false positives. The procedure is easy on the patient, does not require anesthesia and can be done on(More)
An IBM PC/AT compatible four-channel biphasic pulse generator has been developed to assist in functional electrical stimulation (FES) related research. Each channel uses a bipolar 12-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) to generate biphasic voltage pulses between +/- 5 VDC and three 16-bit timers to control first, second, and interphase durations. Two(More)
  • 1