Share This Author
A generic quantitative relationship between quality of experience and quality of service
The IQX hypothesis is a strong candidate to be taken into account when deriving relationships between QoE and QoS parameters and is shown to outperform previously published logarithmic functions.
A Survey on Quality of Experience of HTTP Adaptive Streaming
- Michael Seufert, S. Egger, M. Slanina, T. Zinner, T. Hossfeld, P. Tran-Gia
- Computer ScienceIEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials
- 21 January 2015
The technical development of HAS, existing open standardized solutions, but also proprietary solutions are reviewed in this paper as fundamental to derive the QoE influence factors that emerge as a result of adaptation.
Heuristic Approaches to the Controller Placement Problem in Large Scale SDN Networks
- Stanislav Lange, Steffen Gebert, M. Hoffmann
- Computer ScienceIEEE Transactions on Network and Service…
- 10 February 2015
POCO is presented, a framework for Pareto-based Optimal COntroller placement that provides operators with Pare to optimal placements with respect to different performance metrics and can be extended to solve similar virtual functions placement problems which appear in the context of Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
Quantification of YouTube QoE via Crowdsourcing
- T. Hossfeld, Michael Seufert, Matthias Hirth, T. Zinner, P. Tran-Gia, R. Schatz
- Computer ScienceIEEE International Symposium on Multimedia
- 5 December 2011
The results suggest that, crowd sourcing is a highly effective QoE assessment method not only for online video, but also for a wide range of other current and future Internet applications.
Modeling and performance evaluation of an OpenFlow architecture
- M. Jarschel, Simon Oechsner, D. Schlosser, R. Pries, Sebastian Goll, P. Tran-Gia
- Engineering23rd International Teletraffic Congress (ITC)
- 6 September 2011
A basic model for the forwarding speed and blocking probability of an OpenFlow switch combined with an Open Flow controller is derived and can be used to estimate the packet sojourn time and the probability of lost packets in such a system.
Pareto-optimal resilient controller placement in SDN-based core networks
- D. Hock, Steffen Gebert, Matthias Hartmann, T. Zinner, P. Tran-Gia
- Computer ScienceProceedings of the 25th International…
- 5 May 2014
This paper introduces a framework for resilient Pareto-based Optimal COntroller-placement (POCO) that provides the operator of a network with all Pare to-optimal placements and reveals that for most of the topologies more than 20% of all nodes need to be controllers to assure a continuous connection of all node to one of the controllers in any arbitrary double link or node failure scenario.
Best Practices for QoE Crowdtesting: QoE Assessment With Crowdsourcing
- T. Hossfeld, Christian Keimel, P. Tran-Gia
- Computer ScienceIEEE Transactions on Multimedia
- 1 February 2014
The focus of this article is on the issue of reliability and the use of video quality assessment as an example for the proposed best practices, showing that the recommended two-stage QoE crowdtesting design leads to more reliable results.
Modeling of Customer Retrial Phenomenon in Cellular Mobile Networks
The influence of the repeated attempt effect on the quality of service experienced by the mobile customers is discussed by means of numerical results.
Design and experimental evaluation of network-assisted strategies for HTTP adaptive streaming
- G. Cofano, L. D. Cicco, T. Zinner, A. Nguyen-Ngoc, P. Tran-Gia, S. Mascolo
- Computer ScienceMMSys
- 10 May 2016
A Video Control Plane is built which enforces Video Quality Fairness among concurrent video flows generated by heterogeneous client devices and a max-min fairness optimization problem is solved at run-time.
Interfaces, attributes, and use cases: A compass for SDN
- M. Jarschel, T. Zinner, T. Hossfeld, P. Tran-Gia, W. Kellerer
- Computer ScienceIEEE Communications Magazine
- 17 June 2014
The contribution of this article represents an important step toward establishing SDN as a widely adopted technology beyond laboratories and insular deployments by giving guidance to a potential adopter of SDN on whether SDN is in fact the right technology for a specific use case.