Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Introduction to Nonlinear Optical Effects in Molecules and Polymers
Basis and Formulation of Nonlinear Optics Origin of Microscopic Nonlinearity in Organic Systems Bulk Nonlinear Optical Susceptiblity Second Order Nonlinear Optical Processes Measurement Techniques…
Introduction to Biophotonics
- P. Prasad
- Biology, PhysicsBiophotonics
- 1 April 2003
The aim of this book is to clarify the role of light and matter in biology and to inspire a new generation of scientists to tackle the challenges of light-darkness-based medicine.
Folate-receptor-mediated delivery of InP quantum dots for bioimaging using confocal and two-photon microscopy.
- D. Bharali, D. Lucey, H. Jayakumar, H. Pudavar, P. Prasad
- Chemistry, BiologyJournal of the American Chemical Society
- 26 July 2005
The receptor-mediated delivery of folic acid conjugated quantum dots into folate-receptor-positive cell lines such as KB cells is demonstrated and can be potentially useful for deep tissue imaging for future in vivo studies.
Organically modified silica nanoparticles co-encapsulating photosensitizing drug and aggregation-enhanced two-photon absorbing fluorescent dye aggregates for two-photon photodynamic therapy.
- Sehoon Kim, Tymish Y. Ohulchanskyy, H. Pudavar, R. Pandey, P. Prasad
- Chemistry, PhysicsJournal of the American Chemical Society
- 9 February 2007
We report energy-transferring organically modified silica nanoparticles for two-photon photodynamic therapy. These nanoparticles co-encapsulate two-photon fluorescent dye nanoaggregates as an energy…
Multiphoton absorbing materials: molecular designs, characterizations, and applications.
4. Survey of Novel Multiphoton Active Materials 1257 4.1. Multiphoton Absorbing Systems 1257 4.2. Organic Molecules 1257 4.3. Organic Liquids and Liquid Crystals 1259 4.4. Conjugated Polymers 1259…
Nanochemistry and Nanomedicine for Nanoparticle-based Diagnostics and Therapy.
This work presents a new generation of high-performance liquid chromatography platforms for selective separation of Na6(CO3) from Na4(SO4) through Na2SO4 and shows real-world applications in drug discovery and treatment of central nervous system disorders.
Upconversion Nanoparticles: Design, Nanochemistry, and Applications in Theranostics
- Guanying Chen, Hailong Qiu, P. Prasad, Xiaoyuan Chen
- Materials Science, ChemistryChemical reviews
- 10 March 2014
Applications in Theranostics Guanying Chen,*,†,‡ Hailong Qiu,*,‡ and Xiaoyuan Chen.
Combined Optical and MR Bioimaging Using Rare Earth Ion Doped NaYF4 Nanocrystals
- R. Kumar, M. Nyk, Tymish Y. Ohulchanskyy, C. Flask, P. Prasad
- Materials Science, Physics
- 24 March 2009
Here, novel nanoprobes for combined optical and magnetic resonance (MR) bioimaging are reported. Fluoride (NaYF4) nanocrystals (20–30 nm size) co‐doped with the rare earth ions Gd3+ and…
Two-photon photodynamic therapy.
- J. Bhawalkar, N. Kumar, C. Zhao, P. Prasad
- Physics, ChemistryJournal of clinical laser medicine & surgery
The efficient two-photon absorption of certain chromophores can be used to extend photodynamic therapy to the near infrared spectral region.
Covalently dye-linked, surface-controlled, and bioconjugated organically modified silica nanoparticles as targeted probes for optical imaging.
The ease of surface functionalization and incorporation of a variety of biotargeting molecules, combined with their observed noncytotoxicity makes these fluorescent ORMOSIL nanoparticles potential candidates as efficient probes for optical bioimaging, both in vitro and in vivo.