A without-prejudice list of generic names of fungi for protection under the International Code of Nomenclature for algae, fungi, and plants
- P. Kirk, J. Stalpers, M. Stadler
- BiologyIMA Fungus
- 1 December 2013
A without-prejudice list of generic names for fungi is presented here as a basis for future discussion and the production of a List for formal adoption, providing mycologists with an opportunity to place nomenclature at the generic level on a more secure and stable base.
Towards a unified paradigm for sequence‐based identification of fungi
- U. Kõljalg, R. H. Nilsson, K. Larsson
- BiologyMolecular Ecology
- 1 November 2013
All fungal species represented by at least two ITS sequences in the international nucleotide sequence databases are now given a unique, stable name of the accession number type, and the term ‘species hypothesis’ (SH) is introduced for the taxa discovered in clustering on different similarity thresholds.
A higher-level phylogenetic classification of the Fungi.
- D. Hibbett, M. Binder, Ning Zhang
- BiologyMycological Research
- 1 May 2007
Dictionary of the Fungi
- P. Kirk, P. Cannon, D. Minter, J. Stalpers
- 19 November 2008
Ainsworth & Bisby's Dictionary of the Fungi
- D. Hawksworth, P. Kirk, B. C. Sutton, D. Pegler
- 21 January 1972
This new edition, with more than 21,000 entries, provides the most complete listing available of generic names of fungi, their families and orders, their attributes and descriptive terms.
Ainsworth and Bisby's dictionary of the fungi: 9th edition.
- P. Kirk, P. Cannon, J. David, J. Stalpers
Fungal diversity notes 111–252—taxonomic and phylogenetic contributions to fungal taxa
- H. Ariyawansa, K. Hyde, Hernawati
- Biology, Environmental ScienceFungal diversity
- 23 May 2016
This paper is a compilation of notes on 142 fungal taxa, including five new families, 20 new genera, and 100 new species, representing a wide taxonomic and geographic range. The new families,…
The Magnitude of Global Marine Species Diversity
- W. Appeltans, S. Ahyong, Mark John Costello
- Environmental ScienceCurrent Biology
- 4 December 2012
Progress in molecular and morphological taxon discovery in Fungi and options for formal classification of environmental sequences
- D. Hibbett, Anders W. Ohman, Dylan Glotzer, Mitchell Nuhn, P. Kirk, R. H. Nilsson
- 1 March 2011
ITS1 versus ITS2 as DNA metabarcodes for fungi
- R. Blaalid, S. Kumar, R. H. Nilsson, K. Abarenkov, P. Kirk, H. Kauserud
- BiologyMolecular Ecology Resources
- 1 March 2013
This methodological study evaluates the usability of ITS1 vs. ITS2 as a DNA metabarcoding marker for fungi and indicates that ITS1 and ITS2 to a large extent yield similar results when used asDNA metabarcodes for fungi.