Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
The metabolism of D-alpha-hydroxy acids in animal tissues.
- P. K. Tubbs
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
Carnitine and derivatives in rat tissues.
1. Free carnitine, acetylcarnitine, short-chain acylcarnitine and acid-insoluble carnitine (probably long-chain acylcarnitine) have been measured in rat tissues. 2. Starvation caused an increase in… Expand
3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A synthase from ox liver. Purification, molecular and catalytic properties.
Mitochondrial 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA synthase (EC 220.127.116.11) was purified to homogeneity from ox liver and obtained essentially free from acetoacetyl-CoA thiolase activity. The purification… Expand
Draft Biocode: Prospective International Rules For The Scientific Names Of Organisms
The typographical layout of the present Draft conforms to that of the International code of botanical nomenclature (Tokyo Code) (Greuter & al. in Regnum Veg. 131. 1994, abbreviated ICBN hereafter)… Expand
Variations in tissue contents of coenzyme A thio esters and possible metabolic implications.
The role of intermediates in mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation.
1. Rat liver mitochondria oxidizing [16-14C]palmitoylcarnitine accumulate saturated long-chain thiester intermediates which may be detected by radio-g.1.c.2. Time-courses of intermediate accumulation… Expand
 Assay of coenzyme A and some acyl derivatives
Publisher Summary This chapter is based on the assay of coenzyme A and some Acyl Derivates. Tissue contents of CoA and its derivatives are derived from extracts prepared from samples that have been… Expand
Mitochondrial transport processes and oxidation of NADH by hypotonically-treated boar spermatozoa.
1. After hypotonic treatment spermatozoa have metabolic characteristics of mitochondria isolated from other cells. Ejaculated boar spermatozoa treated in this way can oxidise external NADH via both a… Expand
Glucagon activates mitochondrial 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA synthase in vivo by decreasing the extent of succinylation of the enzyme.
1. 3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA (HMG-CoA) synthase (EC 18.104.22.168) in extracts of rat liver mitochondria can be inactivated by succinyl-CoA and activated by incubation in a medium designed to cause… Expand