In vitro efficacy of extracts of Melia azedarach against the tick Boophilus microplus
- L. Borges, P. H. Ferri, W. J. Silva, W. C. Silva, J. G. Silva
- Biology, MedicineMedical and Veterinary Entomology
- 1 June 2003
Results show that the less polar the extract of M. azedarach ripe fruits the more its effectiveness against larvae and engorged females of B. microplus populations is shown, and this plant may therefore be useful in the control of resistant B.microplus populations.
Antifungal activity from Ocimum gratissimum L. towards Cryptococcus neoformans.
- J. Lemos, X. S. Passos, Maria R R Silva
- Biology, MedicineMemórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz
- 31 December 2005
In this work, in vitro activity of the ethanolic crude extract, ethyl acetate, hexane, and chloroformic fractions, essential oil, and eugenol of O. gratissimum is studied using an agar dilution susceptibility method towards 25 isolates of Cryptococcus neoformans.
Repellent activity of plant-derived compounds against Amblyomma cajennense (Acari: Ixodidae) nymphs.
- S. Soares, L. Borges, P. H. Ferri
- Biology, MedicineVeterinary parasitology
- 20 January 2010
Seasonal variability in the essential oils of wild and cultivated Baccharis trimera
- F. G. Silva, Carolina B. A. Oliveira, P. H. Ferri
The seasonal variations in the chemical composition of the essential oil of wild and cultivated Baccharis trimera populations indicated the presence of three clusters of oils regarding population and…
Chemical variability in the essential oil of Hyptis suaveolens.
- N. R. Azevedo, I. F. Campos, P. H. Ferri
- 1 July 2001
Influence of fruit biotypes on the chemical composition and antifungal activity of the essential oils of eugenia uniflora leaves
- D. P. Costa, E. G. A. Filho, P. H. Ferri
A analise multivariada da composicao quimica dos oleos essenciais das folhas de Eugenia uniflora com diferentes cores de fruto indicou a presenca de tres grupos de oleos em relacao ao biotipo do…
Assessment of a Maturity Index in Jabuticaba Fruit by the Evaluation of Phenolic Compounds, Essential Oil Components, Sugar Content and Total Acidity
- G. Fortes, Sara S. Naves, Fabiana Godoi, A. R. Duarte, P. H. Ferri, S. C. Santos
- 1 November 2011
Jabuticaba is a Brazilian tree with edible grape like fruits which are consumed fresh or used to prepare jams, liqueurs and wines. The aim of this study was to identify the optimal harvest period for…
Tannin composition of barbatimão species.
- S. Santos, Wesley F. Costa, J. Seraphin
- 1 July 2002
Anti‐inﬂammatory effect of Solanum lycocarpum fruits
- G. Vieira, P. Ferreira, E. A. Costa
- Medicine, ChemistryPhytotherapy Research
- 1 September 2003
The alkaloid fraction induced a dose‐dependent reduction in ear oedema formation and leukocyte migration, suggesting that S. lycocarpum fruits may contain steroidal alkaloids accounting for the anti‐inﬂammatory effect of the crude ethanol extract.
Seasonal Variation in Essential Oils of Lychnophora pinaster Mart.
- É. S. Reis, J. P. Pinto, P. H. Ferri
- 1 March 2010
Abstract The hydrodistilled essential oil from aerial parts of Lychnophora pinaster Mart. was analyzed by GC and GC/MS. Plants were collected at 3-month intervals in a completely randomized design…