Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Self-medication with Antimicrobial Drugs in Europe
- L. Grigoryan, F. Haaijer-Ruskamp, +18 authors Joan Birkin
- Emerging infectious diseases
- 1 March 2006
Antimicrobial drug self-medication occurs most often in eastern and southern Europe and least often in northern and western Europe.
Fecal Microbiota Transplantation in Patients With Blood Disorders Inhibits Gut Colonization With Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria: Results of a Prospective, Single-Center Study
- Jaroslaw Bilinski, P. Grzesiowski, +9 authors G. Basak
- Clinical infectious diseases : an official…
- 1 August 2017
Background Patients with blood disorders colonized with antibiotic-resistant bacteria (ARB) are prone to systemic infections that are difficult to treat. Reintroduction of commensal bacteria in a… Expand
Characteristics of Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Moraxella catarrhalis Isolated from the Nasopharynges of Asymptomatic Children and Molecular Analysis of S. pneumoniae and H.…
- A. Sulikowska, P. Grzesiowski, E. Sadowy, J. Fiett, W. Hryniewicz
- Biology, Medicine
- Journal of Clinical Microbiology
- 1 September 2004
ABSTRACT Nasopharyngeal carriage of Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Moraxella catarrhalis in 226 children in different settings (in a crèche [day care center], in an orphanage,… Expand
A Two-Week Fecal Microbiota Transplantation Course in Pediatric Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- K. Karolewska-Bochenek, P. Grzesiowski, +6 authors I. Lazowska-Przeorek
- Advances in experimental medicine and biology
Dysbiosis plays a major role in the etiology of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Fecal microbiota transplantation (FMT) is a new promising option for IBD treatment. We aimed to assess the… Expand
Cost-effectiveness of polysaccharide pneumococcal vaccination in people aged 65 and above in Poland
- P. Grzesiowski, R. Aguiar-Ibáñez, A. Kobryń, L. Durand, P. Puig
- Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics
- 1 October 2012
Introduction: Invasive pneumococcal disease is associated with substantial morbidity, mortality and cost implications, which could be reduced by vaccination. Aim: To assess the cost-effectiveness of… Expand
Outbreak of Ceftazidime-Resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae in a Pediatric Hospital in Warsaw, Poland: Clonal Spread of the TEM-47 Extended-Spectrum β-Lactamase (ESBL)-Producing Strain and Transfer of a…
- M. Gniadkowski, A. Pałucha, P. Grzesiowski, W. Hryniewicz
- Biology, Medicine
- Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
- 1 December 1998
ABSTRACT In 1996 a large, 300-bed pediatric hospital in Warsaw, Poland, started a program of monitoring infections caused by extended-spectrum β-lactamase (ESBL)-producing microorganisms. Over the… Expand
Rotavirus vaccination in central Europe.
- Z. Mészner, I. Anca, +14 authors D. Zavadska
- Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and…
- 1 June 2013
Each year, rotavirus (RV) infection is the leading cause of acute gastroenteritis requiring hospitalisation and of nosocomially transmitted diseases in children younger than 5 years across Central… Expand
Effectiveness of FMT in recurrent Clostridium difficile infection
- P. Grzesiowski, A. Hermann, A. Dubaniewicz, J. Kasprzyk, D. Pawlik, Z. Żak-Puławska
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Infection Control
- 16 June 2015
During last decades C. difficile infection (CDI) has emerged as a most frequent health-care associated cause of morbidity and mortality in developed world. In Europe about 40,000 patients die each… Expand
Two clones of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Poland.
- K. Trzciński, W. V. van Leeuwen, +6 authors W. Hryniewicz
- Biology, Medicine
- Clinical microbiology and infection : the…
- 1 April 1997
OBJECTIVE: To evaluate relatedness among methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) strains isolated in Poland. METHODS: Ninety-three MRSA hospital isolates were collected from different… Expand
Routine surface disinfection in health care facilities: should we do it?
- F. Allerberger, G. Ayliffe, +35 authors K. Weist
- American journal of infection control
- 1 August 2002
Rad je kriticki pregled uloge dezinfekcije povrsina u sirenju bolnickih infekcija i osvrt na nove preporuke CDC za rutinsku dezinfekciju svih povrsina u bolnici.