Update on Tick-Borne Rickettsioses around the World: a Geographic Approach
- P. Parola, C. Paddock, D. Raoult
- Medicine, BiologyClinical Microbiology Reviews
- 1 October 2013
The current knowledge on tick-borne rickettsiae and ricksettsioses is presented using a geographic approach toward the epidemiology of these diseases.
Comparative Genomics of Multidrug Resistance in Acinetobacter baumannii
- P. Fournier, D. Vallenet, J. Claverie
- BiologyPLoS Genetics
- 1 January 2006
Acinetobacter baumannii is a species of nonfermentative gram-negative bacteria commonly found in water and soil. This organism was susceptible to most antibiotics in the 1970s. It has now become a…
Ongoing revolution in bacteriology: routine identification of bacteria by matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry.
- P. Seng, M. Drancourt, D. Raoult
- Biology, MedicineClinical Infectious Diseases
- 15 August 2009
BACKGROUND Matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization time-of-flight (MALDI-TOF) mass spectrometry accurately identifies both selected bacteria and bacteria in select clinical situations. It has not…
The epidemiology and control of Acinetobacter baumannii in health care facilities.
- P. Fournier, H. Richet
- Medicine, BiologyClinical Infectious Diseases
- 1 March 2006
Acinetobacter baumannii infection, such as bacteremia or pneumonia in patients in the intensive care unit who are undergoing intubation, do not seem to be associated with a higher attributable mortality rate or an increased length of hospital stay.
Guidelines for the diagnosis of tick-borne bacterial diseases in Europe.
- P. Brouqui, F. Bacellar, B. Wilske
- Medicine, BiologyClinical Microbiology and Infection
- 1 December 2004
These guidelines aim to help clinicians and microbiologists in diagnosing infection transmitted by tick bites and to provide the scientific and medical community with a better understanding of these infectious diseases.
Clinical and microbiological effect of a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin in 80 COVID-19 patients with at least a six-day follow up: A pilot observational study
- P. Gautret, J. Lagier, D. Raoult
- MedicineTravel Medicine and Infectious Disease
- 1 March 2020
Bacterial strain typing in the genomic era.
- Wenjun Li, D. Raoult, P. Fournier
- BiologyFEMS Microbiology Reviews
- 1 September 2009
The applications of genotyping methods to the study of bacterial strain diversity are described and compared and the progresses allowed by the availability of genomic sequences are investigated.
Diagnosis and management of Q fever--United States, 2013: recommendations from CDC and the Q Fever Working Group.
- A. Anderson, H. Bijlmer, D. Sexton
- MedicineMMWR Recommendations and Reports
- 29 March 2013
The first national recommendations issued by CDC for Q fever recognition, clinical and laboratory diagnosis, treatment, management, and reporting for health-care personnel and public health professionals are provided.
Diagnosis of Q Fever
- P. Fournier, T. Marrie, D. Raoult
- Medicine, BiologyJournal of Clinical Microbiology
- 1 July 1998
The diagnosis of Q fever relies mainly upon serology, the most commonly used method being the immunofluorescence assay, and serological testing for Q fever should always be done for a patient with a febrile illness and negative blood cultures.
Gene Sequence-Based Criteria for Identification of New Rickettsia Isolates and Description of Rickettsia heilongjiangensis sp. nov
- P. Fournier, J. Dumler, Gilbert GREUB, Jianzhi Zhang, Yimin Wu, D. Raoult
- Biology, MedicineJournal of Clinical Microbiology
- 1 December 2003
ABSTRACT We propose genetic guidelines for the classification of rickettsial isolates at the genus, group, and species levels by using sequences of the 16S rRNA (rrs) gene and four protein-coding…