Iridoid Glucosides with Free Radical Scavenging Properties from Fagraea blumei
- M. Cuendet, K. Hostettmann, O. Potterat, W. Dyatmiko
- 30 June 1997
Four new iridoid glucosides 1–4, named blumeosides A–D, were isolated from the methanolic stem-bark extract of Fagraea blumei G. DON. (Loganiaceae). They were accompanied by the benzyl-alcohol…
Goji (Lycium barbarum and L. chinense): Phytochemistry, pharmacology and safety in the perspective of traditional uses and recent popularity.
- O. Potterat
- MedicinePlanta Medica
In view of the available pharmacological data and the long tradition of use in the traditional Chinese medicine, L. barbarum and L. chinense certainly deserve further investigation, but clinical evidences and rigorous procedures for quality control are indispensable before any recommendation of use can be made for Goji products.
Iridoid Glucosides with Free Radical Scavenging Properties from Fagraea blumei.
- M. Cuendet, Kurt Hostettmann, O. Potterat, W. Dyatmiko
- 23 September 1997
Marine actinomycetes as a source of novel secondary metabolites
- H. Fiedler, C. Bruntner, G. Mihm
- Engineering, BiologyAntonie van Leeuwenhoek
New marine members of the rare genus Verrucosispora seem to be a promising source for novel bioactive secondary metabolites as shown in the case of the abyssomicin producing strain AB-18-032.
Morinda citrifolia (Noni) fruit--phytochemistry, pharmacology, safety.
- O. Potterat, M. Hamburger
- MedicinePlanta Medica
- 7 February 2007
Current knowledge on the phytochemistry, pharmacology, safety aspects of Noni fruit and Noni-derived products, and health-related claims and benefits is reviewed.
Ethnobotanical survey on wild alpine food plants in Lower and Central Valais (Switzerland).
- C. Abbet, R. Mayor, D. Roguet, R. Spichiger, M. Hamburger, O. Potterat
- Geography, MedicineJournal of Ethnopharmacology
- 10 January 2014
Identification of TLC markers and quantification by HPLC-MS of various constituents in noni fruit powder and commercial noni-derived products.
- O. Potterat, R. Felten, P. Dalsgaard, M. Hamburger
- Biology, ChemistryJournal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry
- 14 August 2007
The composition of noni (Morinda citrifolia) products has been investigated and a method for the quantification of characteristic noni constituents, such as iridoid glucosides, scopoletin, rutin, fatty acid glucoside, and anthraquinones, was developed and validated.
Antibacterial phloroglucinols and flavonoids from Hypericum brasiliense.
- L. Rocha, A. Marston, O. Potterat, M. A. Kaplan, H. Stoeckli-Evans, K. Hostettmann
- Biology, MedicinePhytochemistry
- 1 November 1995
Antioxidant and lipophilic constituents of Tinospora crispa.
- A. Cavin, K. Hostettmann, W. Dyatmyko, O. Potterat
- ChemistryPlanta Medica
- 1 June 1998
Three compounds exhibiting antioxidant and radical scavenging properties towards beta-carotene and 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) radical proved to be more active than the synthetic antioxidant butylhydroxytoluene (BHT).
Frigocyclinone, a Novel Angucyclinone Antibiotic Produced by a Streptomyces griseus Strain from Antarctica†
- C. Bruntner, Tatiana Binder, H. Fiedler
- Biology, ChemistryJournal of antibiotics (Tokyo. )
- 1 May 2005
A new angucyclinone antibiotic, frigocyclinone, was isolated from Streptomyces griseus strain NTK 97, consisting of a tetrangomycin moiety attached through a C-glycosidic linkage with the…