Norimasa Hosoya

Learn More
In vitro effect of cadmium on vitamin D-stimulated calcium transport in the rat was studied using the everted gut sac technique. Calcium transport was significantly inhibited by the addition of cadmium to the mucosal incubation medium. Furthermore, the kinetic analysis of inhibitory effect of cadmium on calcium transport revealed that the type of inhibition(More)
Rat splenocytes were provoked to lipid peroxidation in a dose-dependent manner by cumene hydroperoxide. After exposure to cumene hydroperoxide, formation of high molecular weight protein, presumably through cross-linking of lower molecular weight protein, was stimulated in splenocytes as well as in erythrocyte ghosts. The mitogenic response to concanavalin(More)
Characteristics of early appearing free isomaltase in the soluble fraction were investigated in rat intestinal mucosa. Soluble isomaltase and membrane-bound sucrase-isomaltase complex were prepared from 15-day-old rat intestine. Immunochemical properties, optimal pH and heat sensitivity of soluble isomaltase were compared with those of membrane-bound(More)
The digestion of Neosugar, a mixture of 1F-(1-beta-fructofuranosyl)n-1 sucrose [n = 2, 1-kestose (GF2); n = 3, nystose (GF3); n = 4, 1F-beta-fructofuranosyl nystose (GF4)] was investigated in vitro and in vivo by using the rat. The results obtained were as follows. GF2 and GF3 were not hydrolyzed by a pancreatic homogenate. The GF2- and GF3-hydrolyzing(More)
The characteristics and location of rat intestinal proteins with calcium binding properties were reexamined using both a 45Ca-equilibrated Sephadex G-100 column and the chelex 100 method in the assay of 45Ca binding activity. The rat intestinal mucosa was found to have three different proteins with calcium binding properties. Two of these proteins were(More)
Vitamin D3 is one of the essential factors in intestinal Ca transport. It is well established that vitamin D3 is first metabolized to a hydroxylated product, 1,25(OH)2D3, before it can act on the process of intestinal Ca transport. L25-(OH)2D3 is now regarded as a hormone which is secreted from the kidney and is accumulated specifically in the nuclei of the(More)
The effects of sucrose and Acarbose (alpha-glucosidase inhibitor) feeding on the development of diabetes were studied in streptozotocin-treated rats. Rats were raised on four different dietary regimens, viz, a sucrose diet (46% of the total weight in the form of sucrose, 24% as starch), a starch diet (70% as starch), a standard diet (laboratory chow:(More)
This study was conducted to confirm that medium chain triglyceride (MCT) feeding itself would increase hepatic lipogenic enzyme activity without causing a lack of essential fatty acids (EFA) in the liver. Male weaning rats were fed for 11 weeks on diets containing 2% corn oil and 13% various fats: MCT, corn oil, tripalmitin or beef tallow, respectively. MCT(More)
The possible role of insulin status in the increase in liver lipogenic enzyme activities upon feeding medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) was investigated with streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats and insulin-treated diabetic rats. Rats were fed synthetic diets that contained either 2% corn oil (control), fat free, 13% MCT +2% corn oil, or 13% lard +2% corn(More)