Nazrul Islam

Learn More
According to the World Health Organization, birth-weight of less than 2,500 g is considered low birth-weight since below this value birth-specific infant mortality begins to rise rapidly. In Bangladesh, the prevalence of low birth-weight is unacceptably high. To screen low-birth-weight babies, simple anthropometric parameters can be used in rural areas(More)
Energy consumption plays a crucial role in wireless sensor networks as these networks are designed to be placed in hostile and non-accessible areas. While battery-driven sensors will run out of battery sooner or later, the use of renewable energy sources such as solar power extends the lifetime of a sensor network. We propose a solar-aware, scheduled(More)
More than 95% of total malaria cases in Bangladesh are reported from the 13 high endemic districts. Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax are the two most abundant malaria parasites in the country. To improve the detection and management of malaria patients, the National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP) has been using rapid diagnostic test (RDT) in the(More)
BACKGROUND Malaria is endemic in 13 of 64 districts in Bangladesh. About 14 million people are at risk. Some evidence suggests that the prevalence of malaria in Bangladesh has decreased since the the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria started to support the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) in 2007. We did an epidemiological and(More)
A wide range of dry powder inhaler (DPI) devices are currently available on the market to deliver drugs into lungs with a view to maximise drug delivery with low variability. DPIs also face numerous clinical challenges, particularly related to variable patient factors such as age, clinical condition and inspiratory flow. Due to the drug formulation and the(More)
Pulmonary drug delivery is the focus of much research and development because of its great potential to produce maximum therapeutic benefit. Among the available options the dry powder inhaler (DPI) is the preferred device for the treatment of an increasingly diverse number of diseases. However, as drug delivery from a DPI involves a complicated set of(More)
Changes in protein composition of wheat endosperm proteome were investigated in 39 ditelocentric chromosome lines of common wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) cv. Chinese Spring. Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis followed by Coomassie Brilliant Blue staining has resolved a total of 105 protein spots in a gel. Quantitative image analysis of protein spots was(More)
During 1999-2006, 156 isolates of Neisseria meningitidis grew from culture of blood or cerebrospinal fluid at International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh, in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Serogroup A was the most prevalent strain (97.7%); the rest were serogroup B (2.3%). Most cases of invasive meningococcal disease (88.5%) were identified in(More)
Purpose. The role of fine lactose in the dispersion of salmeterol xina- foate (SX) from lactose mixtures was studied by modifying the fine lactose concentration on the surface of the lactose carriers using wet decantation. Methods. Fine lactose was removed from lactose carriers by wet decantation using ethanol saturated with lactose. Particle sizing was(More)