Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Dihydrochalcones: evaluation as novel radical scavenging antioxidants.
- Y. Nakamura, S. Watanabe, N. Miyake, H. Kohno, T. Osawa
- Chemistry, Medicine
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry
- 22 April 2003
Dihydrochalcones are a family of bicyclic flavonoids, defined by the presence of two benzene rings joined by a saturated three carbon bridge. In the present study, we systematically examined the… Expand
Products formed by peroxyl radical oxidation of .beta.-carotene
β-Carotene was reacted with alkylperoxyl radicals at 37 o C in benzene. 2,2'-Azabis(2,4-dimethylvaleronitrile) was used to generate the alkylperoxyl radicals. The reaction products were isolated by… Expand
Insulin treatment stimulates the tyrosine phosphorylation of the alpha-type 85-kDa subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in vivo.
- H. Hayashi, S. Kamohara, +6 authors Y. Ebina
- Biology, Medicine
- The Journal of biological chemistry
- 5 November 1992
After adding insulin to cells overexpressing the insulin receptor, the activity of phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase in the anti-phosphotyrosine immunoprecipitates was rapidly and greatly increased.… Expand
Selectivity of cerebral vasodilators on basilar arteries.
Ca-antagonistic activities of cerebral vasodilators, nicardipine and 1-(3,4-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-(4-diphenylmethylpiperazinyl)ethanol dihydrochloride (NC-1100) were tested on basilar and renal… Expand
Stereoselectivity of NC-1100, a Ca-entry blocker.
1. Stereoselectivity of NC-1100 in Ca-entry blocking activity was tested in the guinea pig taenia caecum. 2. Racemic, (-)- and (+)-NC-1100 shifted the contraction-response curve of CaCl2 towards… Expand
Peroxyl-Radical Reaction of Retinyl Acetate in Solution
Retinyl acetate suppressed the free radical-induced oxidation of methyl linoleate. Retinyl acetate was reacted with an alkylperoxyl radical in two solvent systems, methanol and benzene. The… Expand
Ca-blocking action of stereoisomers of CI-951, (+)-CI-951 (NC-1500) and (-)-CI-951 in the isolated muscle preparations.
- K. Koike, I. Takayanagi, S. Takiguchi, Y. Urita, N. Miyake
- Chemistry, Medicine
- General pharmacology
- 1 March 1992
1. Stereoselectivity of CI-951 in Ca-entry blocking activity was tested in guinea pig taenia caecum and urinary bladder and rabbit thoracic aorta and basilar artery. 2. NC-1500 ((+)-CI-951) and… Expand
Reaction of α-tocopherol with alkyl and alkylperoxyl radicals of methyl linoleate
Abstractα-Tocopherol was reacted with alkyl and alkylperoxyl radicals at 37°C in bulk phase. The lipid-free radicals were generated by the reaction of methyl linoleate with the free radical… Expand
Reaction of δ-Tocopherol with an Alkylperoxyl Radical
δ-Tocopherol was reacted with an alkylperoxyl radical at 37°C in benzene. 2,2′-Azobis(2,4-dimethylvaleronitrile) was used to generate the alkylperoxyl radical. The reaction products of (δ-tocopherol… Expand
Inactivation of NF-κB Mediates p53-dependent Apoptosis in X-irradiated Mouse Lymphoma Cells and Thymocytes