Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Creating audio keywords for event detection in soccer video
- Mingliang Xu, N. Maddage, Changsheng Xu, M. Kankanhalli, Q. Tian
- Education, EconomicsInternational Conference on Multimedia and Expo…
- 6 July 2003
According to the experimental results, it is believed that audio keyword is an effective representation that is able to achieve more intuitionistic result for event detection in sports video compared with the method of event detection directly based on low-level features.
Detection of Clinical Depression in Adolescents’ Speech During Family Interactions
- L. Low, N. Maddage, M. Lech, L. Sheeber, N. Allen
- PsychologyIEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering
- 1 March 2011
The findings indicate the importance of nonlinear mechanisms associated with the glottal flow formation as cues for clinical depression in adolescents.
Musical genre classification using support vector machines
- Changsheng Xu, N. Maddage, Xi Shao, Fang Cao, Q. Tian
- Computer ScienceIEEE International Conference on Acoustics…
- 6 April 2003
Experimental results of multi-layer support vector machines illustrate good performance in musical genre classification and are more advantageous than traditional Euclidean distance based method and other statistic learning methods.
Audio Based Event Detection for Multimedia Surveillance
- P. Atrey, N. Maddage, M. Kankanhalli
- Computer ScienceIEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speech…
- 14 May 2006
The results show that the proposed top-down event detection approach works significantly better than the single level approach.
Automatic music classification and summarization
- Changsheng Xu, N. Maddage, Xi Shao
- Computer ScienceIEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio Processing
- 18 April 2005
This paper proposes effective algorithms to automatically classify and summarize music content and shows a better performance in music classification than traditional Euclidean distance methods and hidden Markov model methods.
Cross-correlation of EEG frequency bands and heart rate variability for sleep apnoea classification
- H. Abdullah, N. Maddage, I. Cosic, D. Cvetkovic
- Computer ScienceMedical & Biological Engineering & Computing
- 3 November 2010
A pilot study of assessing the cross-correlation between EEG frequency bands and heart rate variability (HRV) in normal and sleep apnoea clinical patients and the MG outperformed the UG in the classification.
Automatic structure detection for popular music
- N. Maddage
- Computer ScienceIEEE Multimedia
Our proposed approach detects music structures by looking at beat-space segmentation, chords, singing-voice boundaries, and melody- and content-based similarity regions. Experiments illustrate that…
Music structure based vector space retrieval
This paper proposes a novel framework for music content indexing and retrieval, and proposes a vector space modeling approach which uses these events as the indexing terms in query-by-example music retrieval.
An SVM-based classification approach to musical audio
This paper describes an automatic hierarchical music classification approach based on support vector machines (SVM) that is classified into coursed classes such as vocal, instrumental or vocal mixed with instrumental music.
Mel frequency cepstral feature and Gaussian Mixtures for modeling clinical depression in adolescents
- L. Low, N. Maddage, M. Lech, N. Allen
- Psychology8th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive…
- 15 June 2009
Experiments indicates that incorporation of both first and second time derivatives of MFCCs can improve the overall classification accuracy by 3%.