Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Relationship of reduced cerebral blood flow and heart failure severity in elderly males
- G. Loncar, B. Božić, +9 authors V. Popović-Brkić
- MedicineThe aging male : the official journal of the…
- 4 February 2011
CBF was reduced in elderly males with mild-to-moderate CHF, and was associated with factors that represent the severity of CHF including high serum adiponectin and NT-pro-BNP levels, decreased LVEF, impaired physical performance, and deteriorated quality of life.
Health-related quality of life in elderly patients hospitalized with chronic heart failure
- P. Erceg, N. Despotović, +9 authors M. Davidovic
- MedicineClinical interventions in aging
- 15 November 2013
Depressive symptoms, higher NYHA class, lower income, and longer duration of chronic heart failure are independent predictors of poor HRQOL in elderly patients hospitalized with chronic heart Failure in Serbia.
Old age as a privilege of the "selfish ones".
- M. Davidovic, G. Sevo, P. Svorcan, D. Milosevic, N. Despotović, P. Erceg
- Biology, MedicineAging and disease
- 1 February 2010
It is legitimate to pose a question of whether long-lived individuals may be those with «selfish» genes and more stable genetic material, but aging in such individuals could be delayed due to steady character of their genome, which is less susceptible to mutations.
Recoverable Cognitive Dysfunction in Older Persons
- M. Davidovic, P. Erceg, N. Despotović, D. Milosevic
- MedicineJournal of General Internal Medicine
- 26 April 2007
Clinical observation revealed that proper treatment of underlying acute illness has also increased and improved the cognitive function of patients, and the timely and accurate diagnosis of RCD and properly treatment of its underlying causes are of paramount importance in everyday clinical practice.
Morphometric study of healthy jejunal and ileal mucosa in adult and aged subjects.
- J. Trbojević-Stanković, N. Milićević, +10 authors Ž. Milićević
- MedicineHistology and histopathology
- 1 February 2010
This study provides complete morphometric data on the healthy human jejunum and the first relevant data onThe healthy ileal mucosa, thus representing a valuable morphometric reference for future histoquantitative studies of human small bowel mucosa in both healthy and disease affected individuals.
Oral glucose tolerance test in the assessment of glucose-tolerance in the elderly people.
- R. Stević, T. B. Živković, P. Erceg, D. Milosevic, N. Despotović, M. Davidovic
- MedicineAge and ageing
- 1 July 2007
Community-acquired pneumonia in the elderly: correlation with etiology and prognosis, and the impact of BAL data on the therapy and outcome of ventilator-associated pneumonia.
Chromosomal changes in ageing
- P. Erceg, D. Milosevic, N. Despotović, M. Davidovic
- Biology, MedicineJournal of Genetics
- 1 December 2007
This work states that considerable progress in iden-tifying genes involved in the ageing process has been made in genetically tractable model organisms such as, yeast, thenematode.
[Hospital mortality trend analysis of patients with ST elevation myocardial infarction in the Belgrade area coronary care units].
- Z. Vasiljević, B. Stojanović, +7 authors N. Despotović
- MedicineSrpski arhiv za celokupno lekarstvo
- 1 May 2008
The aim of this study was to analyze the mortality of STEMI patients in relationship to their clinical characteristics at presentation, their age, sex, risk factors, prior coronary disease, and time interval from symptom onset to hospital presentation, complications and administered therapy.
Ageism: Does it Exist Among Children?
- M. Davidovic, Z. Djordjevic, P. Erceg, N. Despotović, D. Milosevic
- 27 July 2007
It is concluded that majority of children have positive perception and attitude about old age, which leads to the conclusion that ageism is adopted later in life.
Aging in Serbia.
- G. Sevo, N. Despotović, P. Erceg, S. Jankelic, D. Milosevic, M. Davidovic
- Political Science, MedicineAdvances in gerontology = Uspekhi gerontologii
The aims of aged care reform in Serbia include not only better education for the medical and other affiliated stuff, but, also, improvements in intersectoral collaboration, structural reforms of the social and health care systems, innovative capacity building, and the promotion of concepts that would replace, or at least ease the burden off the traditional family.