Myung Je Cho

Learn More
While the number of leaf-specific expressed genes is estimated to be approximately 6,000, an overview of gene diversity and expression patterns in the leaf of oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.) has not yet been reported. In an effort to understand gene expression patterns and to identify new genes, we generated 754 expressed sequence tags (ESTs) from the leaf(More)
A Total of 498 cases of hemophilia which were reported by sixteen medical centers in Korea were reviewed and analyzed. Hemophilia A comprised 425 cases (85.3%) and the remaining 73 cases (14.7%) were hemophilia B. One case was female and all other cases were male. There were known hemophilia patients in the family in 43.0% of cases and the involved members(More)
Unlike most other mammals, human bodies do not have the ability to synthesize vitamin C inside of their own bodies. Therefore, humans must obtain vitamin C through daily diet. Gulo(-/-) mice strain is known with deficiency, in which vitamin C intake can be controlled by diet like human, and would be valuable for investigating the molecular mechanism of(More)
The hippocampus is a central area of the memory-related neural system. Combined immunohistochemistry against choline acetyl transferase and retrograde transneuronal labelling of the pseudorabies virus were used to identify cholinergic neurons in the central nervous system projecting to the hippocampal formation of the rat. Five to ten microL of Bartha(More)
Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a progressive degenerative disorder of the central nervous system. Levodopa (L-dopa), dopamine precursor is the most effective therapeutic drug for PD patients. Levodopa (LDP) and its three metabolites in rat plasma were determined using high performance liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry (LC–MS/MS).(More)
To identify the Helicobacter pylori antigens operating during early infection in sera from infected infants using proteomics and immunoblot analysis. Two-dimensional (2D) large and small gel electrophoresis was performed using H. pylori strain 51. We performed 2D immunoglobulin G (IgG), immunoglobulin A (IgA), and immunoglobulin M (IgM) antibody(More)
Helicobacter pylori can persistently colonize the mucosa of the human stomach, resulting in gastric disorders. Endoscopic biopsy for rapid urease test and histopathologic examination are considered as the most accurate diagnostic methods for H. pylori infection. Serological methods are recommended for children because of invasiveness of the diagnosis(More)
In thirty patients with acute leukemia and severe aplastic anemia receiving random single donor platelet transfusions, the development of refractoriness by consecutive platelet transfusions with cytapheresis and its relationship to the appearance of anti-platelet antibodies were investigated. The median number of platelet transfusions inducing(More)
Cys49Ser mutant Helicobacter pylori alkyl hydroperoxide reductase (C49S HpAhpC) was purified under reducing conditions in monomeric and decameric forms. The monomeric form was crystallized by the hanging-drop vapour-diffusion method. The crystals diffracted to 2.25 A resolution and belonged to space group C2, with unit-cell parameters a = 245.8, b = 140.7,(More)
  • 1