Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Clinical and Radiological Outcomes Comparing Percutaneous Chevron-Akin Osteotomies vs Open Scarf-Akin Osteotomies for Hallux Valgus
- Mun Chun Lai, I. Rikhraj, Y. L. Woo, W. Yeo, Yung Chuan Sean Ng, K. Koo
- Foot & ankle international
- 1 March 2018
Background: Minimally invasive surgeries have gained popularity due to less soft tissue trauma and better wound healing. To date, limited studies have compared the outcomes of percutaneous and open… Expand
Arthroscopic Versus Open Broström-Gould Repair for Chronic Ankle Instability
Background: The open Broström-Gould procedure for the repair of lateral ankle ligament remains the gold standard in operative management of chronic ankle instability. Nevertheless, the arthroscopic… Expand
Does obesity influence early outcome of fixed-bearing unicompartmental knee arthroplasty?
- Y. L. Woo, Yong Qiang Jerry Chen, +4 authors S. J. Yeo
- Journal of orthopaedic surgery
- 22 March 2017
Obesity is a known major contributing risk factor for knee osteoarthritis (OA). It is also believed that obese unicompartmental knee arthroplasty (UKA) patients tend to have poorer outcome and… Expand
Clinical outcomes comparing arthroscopic vs open ankle arthrodesis.
- Bo Jun Woo, Mun Chun Lai, S. Ng, I. Rikhraj, K. Koo
- Foot and ankle surgery : official journal of the…
- 1 July 2020
BACKGROUND Over the last twenty years, minimally invasive ankle arthrodesis has evolved into a well-tolerated and safe procedure. It has grown in favor to open ankle arthrodesis due to shorter length… Expand
Hybrid suture technique vs simple suture technique for antero-inferior labral tears: Two years’ clinical outcomes
- Mun Chun Lai, Fu Hong Benjamin Ang, K. H. Lee, Chee Cheng Paul Chang, Tjiauw Tjoen Denny Lie
- Asia-Pacific journal of sports medicine…
- 6 September 2019
Background We previously reported a hybrid suture technique, wherein mattress and simple suturing are used to create Mason-Allen configuration, with low recurrence rates. This comparative study… Expand
Is constraint implant with metaphyseal sleeve a viable option for revision TKR with preoperative coronal plane instability and bone defect?
Background: Metaphyseal sleeves have been used as metaphyseal filling implants to address bone loss during revision total knee replacements (TKRs). This study aims to compare the 2-year clinical and… Expand
Soft tissue myoepithelial cell carcinoma.
Dear Sir, Myoepithelial cell carcinoma, first described by Stromeyer et al in 1975, is defined as a malignant carcinoma that primarily arises from the parotid gland;(1) it may also arise from the… Expand
The Cock-up Splint: A Novel Malleable, Rigid, and Durable Dressing Construct for the Post-hypospadias Repair
- Michael K. H. Hsieh, Mun Chun Lai, Nurazlin M. Azman, J. Cheng, G. J. S. Lim
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery. Global open
- 1 August 2019
1 Copyright © 2019 The Authors. Published by Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. on behalf of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the… Expand
Response to “Letter Regarding: Arthroscopic Versus Open Broström-Gould Repair for Chronic Ankle Instability”
1. We acknowledge that one limitation of our study is the higher proportion of osteochondral lesions in our open Broström-Gould repair arm (57.5%) compared with the arthroscopic arm (34.6%), which… Expand