Monica Mazilu

Learn More
The incidence of bronchial asthma was investigated in a population of 4,486 schoolchildren aged 6 to 14 years from Rîmnicu Vîlcea, a Romanian town in the meridional sub-Carpathian zone of the country. The incidence of "probable asthma" was found to be 2.45% and that of confirmed asthma 1.62%. These percentages are among the highest ever encountered in(More)
The clinico-hormonal course of acromegaly and the presence of the hyperlipemic syndrome were studied in relation to age, sex, associated hypothyroidism, diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular and atherosclerotic complications in 43 acromegalic patients (18 males and 25 females) of which 6 had received no treatment and 37 had been submitted 2 - 13 years to(More)
AIM OF STUDY To evaluate the 4 degrees C method of corneal preservation (in moist chamber or in preservation media To determine the duration of prevention. MATERIAL AND METHOD Preservation in moist chamber at 4 degrees C, group of 10 pig eyes. Preservation: the entire globe at 4 degrees C examination: direct specular microscopy with a Tomey device, daily,(More)
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY To determine endothelial cell loss rate after penetrating keratoplasty. To determine for low long this rate remain high. MATERIAL AND METHOD We have three groups of patients. First group consists of 15 patients without ophthalmic pathology. The second group consists of 15 patients, after cataract surgery. The Third group consists of(More)
The authors have studied on 50 patients hospitalized in the Adrenal Pathology unit of the Institute of Endocrinology, the etiopathogeny of arterial hypertension (AH) in hypercorticism and the therapeutic implications, arriving at the conclusion that in 20% of the cases AH was probably due to an increased activity of renin-angiotensin and in 47% to elevated(More)
This paper presents the microstructure, optical and electrical properties of zinc oxide nanorodlike structures deposed on glass substrate by dip-coating method. The crystalline phases and morphology of 1-D nanostructured materials have been investigated using X-ray diffraction and scanning electron microscopy (SEM) techniques. The UV-VIS-NIR spectra and the(More)
The authors have studied on 25 cases of hypercorticism, one of the mechanisms of producing arterial hypertension, the renin-angiotensin system. The study showed that in only 20% of the cases plasma renin activity was high whereas in the remaining 80% other mechanisms were responsible for the hypertension. In the cases in which the plasma activity of renin(More)