Mohammad Reza Shahraki

Learn More
BACKGROUND Teucrium polium is an analgesic, antidiabetic and antilipeidemic herbal medicament. The aim of this survey was to evaluate the effect of aqueous extract T. polium on liver enzymes linked to liver dysfunction, serum lipids and glucose, in diabetic male rats. METHODS A total of 20 Sprague-Dawly male rats became diabetic by intraperitoneal(More)
Multi criteria group decision making methods are broadly used in the real-world decision circumstances for homogeneous groups. Significant and vital decisions are usually made by the heterogeneous groups of managers or experts in organizations. In many situations, experts may decide on the basis of imprecise information coming from a variety of sources(More)
PURPOSE FK506 is an immunosuppressant agent used to prevent rejection after organ transplantation. The aim of the present study was to assess effects of tacrolimus (FK506) on peripheral nerve regeneration using allografts in a rat sciatic nerve model. MATERIALS AND METHODS Thirty male white Wistar rats were divided randomly into a normal control (NC)(More)
BACKGROUND Anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS) are abused by athletes. OBJECTIVES The present study was designed to evaluate chronic administration of high doses of nandrolone decanoate (ND) on the pituitary-gonadal axis and hematological parameters in normal male rats. MATERIALS AND METHODS Thirty Wistar-Albino male rats were divided assigned to control(More)
BACKGROUND Ecstasy is used to improve mood and cordiality; however, based on some reports, it is neurotoxic to human users. OBJECTIVES Because of the euphoria induced by MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine) on the users, its consumption is increasing in almost all countries. This study was carried out to determine the effects of ecstasy administration(More)
BACKGROUND Insulin resistance is a metabolic disorder which affects the diabetes mellitus pathophysiology and alters the cell excitability. This study has been designed to evaluate the anti-nociceptive and anti-inflammatory effects of chronic administration of Withania somnifera root (WSR) in fructose drinking water rats. METHODS An experiment was carried(More)
Introduction nfertility is a complex disorder affecting more than 80 million people worldwide [1]. Approximately 30 % of infertilities are due to male factors [2]. In only 40% of all cases the infertility is detectable, and in the remaining 60% it is not pathologically detectable [3]. Many factors including drug treatment, chemotherapy, toxins, air(More)
BACKGROUND Anabolic-androgenic steroids have been associated with several side effects range. This experimental study was conducted to evaluate the effects of nandrolone decanoate (ND, an anabolic steroid) on lipid profile and liver enzymes in rats in Iran. METHODS Forty adult male and female of Wistar strain rats were randomly assigned to four groups of(More)
INTRODUCTION Borago officinalis flower (borage) is a known sedative in herbal medicine; the aim of the present study was to evaluate the antinociceptive effect of borage hydroalcoholic extract in formalin test male rats. METHODS Fifty-six adult male albino Wistar rats were randomly divided into seven groups: Control groups of A (intact), B (saline), and C(More)
Materials & Methods: Forty-five Wistar-Albino male rats were equally and randomly divided into five groups including sham operated and four test groups. Sham operated group consumed tap water and the test groups consumed fructoseenriched water. Test groups 2, 3 and 4 additionally received, 0, 100, 150 and 200 mg/kg of A. Vera extract, respectively, whereas(More)