Mehmet Kucukbas

Learn More
OBJECTIVE We anticipated that the universal use of a standard magnesium sulfate infusion to prevent eclamptic convulsions in preeclamptic patients would result in alterations in circulating magnesium levels that were negatively correlated with the patient's body mass index. We postulated that the highest failure rate with seizure prophylaxis would occur in(More)
Limb body wall complex is a spectrum of multiple severe anomalies. The etiopathogenesis and clinical classification are still under discussion. In our article, while reviewing previous etiopathogenetical hypothesis, we propose a new clinical classification regarding embryological theories and pheneotypical features. According to the Van Allen diagnostic(More)
AIM The aim of this study was to validate the Turkish-translated version of the Fecal Incontinence Severity Index (FISI) for Turkish-speaking patients. METHODS This prospective cohort study included 58 patients: 22 (37.9%) scored 0 (no incontinence), and the remaining 36 (62.1%) scored at least 1 (any level of gas, mucus, liquid, solid incontinence, pad(More)
PURPOSE We assessed whether early amniotomy, after ripening with a dinoprostone insert, reduces the duration of labor or increases the rate of delivery within the following 24 h. METHODS A prospective randomized controlled study was conducted on 200 consenting, term pregnant women at the Zeynep Kamil Maternity and Children's Training and Research(More)
OBJECTIVE The impact of simple and radical hysterectomy on all aspects of pelvic floor dysfunctions was evaluated in current study. STUDY DESIGN This retrospective cohort study included 142 patients; 58 women (40.8%) who have undergone simple, 41 (28.8%) radical hysterectomy, and 43 (30.2%) women without any surgical intervention to serve as the control(More)
INTRODUCTION The Sexual Health Outcomes in Women Questionnaire (SHOW-Q) is designed to evaluate the sexual life of women for satisfaction, orgasm, desire, and pelvic problem interference. The SHOW-Q is important for evaluating worsening of sexual life for patients with pelvic problems and the management of these women to improve their sexual life. AIMS To(More)
OBJECTIVES To evaluate the risk factors for the recurrence of ovarian endometrioma after laparoscopic cystectomy. STUDY DESIGN Reproductive aged patients who underwent laparoscopic ovarian endometriotic cystectomy and with histopathologically confirmed diagnosis of ovarian endometrioma were evaluated retrospectively. Histopathologic specimens were(More)
  • 1