Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Incidence and Outcome of Documented Fungal Endocarditis
- P. Badiee, A. Amirghofran, Mohammad Ghazi Nour, M. Shafa, M. Nemati
- International cardiovascular research journal
- 1 December 2014
Background: Fungal endocarditis, the most severe form of infective endocarditis, is characterized by excessive mortality and morbidity. Objectives: The present study aimed to analyze the… Expand
Comparison of the Effects of Levosimendan and Papaverine on Human Internal Mammary Artery and Saphenous Vein
PurposeInternal mammary artery (IMA) and saphenous vein (SV) are two most common vessels used in coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG). In the present study, the effect of levosimendan (a novel… Expand
Ascending aortic pseudoaneurysm after aortic valve replacement: Watch the tip of the cardioplegia cannula!
- Abbas Emaminia, A. Amirghofran, M. Shafa, A. Moaref, R. Javan
- The Journal of thoracic and cardiovascular…
- 1 May 2009
Ascending aortic pseudoaneurysms are rare and occur infrequently from anastomotic dehiscence of suture lines and cannulation sites from previous aortic surgery. Open surgical approach is the… Expand
Ability of amiodarone and propranolol alone or in combination to prevent post-coronary bypass atrial fibrillation.
- J. Kojuri, Yadollah Mahmoodi, M. Jannati, M. Shafa, Mohammad Ghazinoor, M. B. Sharifkazemi
- Cardiovascular therapeutics
- 1 December 2009
Atrial fibrillation (AF) is the most common arrhythmia in coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) patients. The purpose of this study was to determine the best prophylaxis for AF prior to CABG. In… Expand
Effects of a New Metabolic Conditioning Supplement on Perioperative Metabolic Stress and Clinical Outcomes: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial
- M. Akbarzadeh, M. H. Eftekhari, M. Shafa, S. Alipour, J. Hassanzadeh
- Iranian Red Crescent medical journal
- 1 January 2016
Background: Insulin resistance is a measure of metabolic stress in the perioperative period. Before now, no clinical trial has determined the summative effects of glutamine, L-carnitine, and… Expand
Efficacy of Routine Chest X-ray after Chest Tube Removal in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgeries
Ultrasound for Localization of Central Venous Catheter: A Good Alternative to Chest X-Ray?
- H. Kamalipour, S. Ahmadi, K. Kamali, A. Moaref, M. Shafa, Parsa Kamalipour
- Anesthesiology and pain medicine
- 10 August 2016
Background Chest radiography after central venous catheter (CVC) insertion is the main method of verifying the catheter location. Despite the widespread use of radiography for detecting catheter… Expand
The Perioperative Effect of Ascorbic Acid on Inflammatory Response in Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery; A Randomized Controlled Trial Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery
Background: Different pharmacological agents may decrease the inflammatory response during cardiac surgery. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of ascorbic acid as an antioxidant on… Expand
Diagnosing Myocardial Contusion after Blunt Chest Trauma
- Zahra Alborzi, Vahid Zangouri, +6 authors S. Khodaei
- The journal of Tehran Heart Center
- 13 April 2016
A myocardial contusion refers to a bruise of the cardiac muscle, the severity of which can vary depending on the severity of the injury and when the injury occurs. It is a major cause of rapid death… Expand
Pulmonary artery xanthogranuloma.
- A. Moaref, M. Shafa, B. Geramizadeh, M. Zamirian, A. Aslani
- European heart journal cardiovascular Imaging
- 1 May 2012
A 36-year-old woman with a 6-month history of exertional fatigue was referred for echocardiography. In physical examination, a low-pitched systolic murmur (Grade III/VI) was heard best in the left… Expand