Learn More
To study the neural basis for the regulation of vestibulocollic reflexes during voluntary head movements, the effects of stimulation of the precruciate cortex near the presylvian sulcus (neck area of the motor cortex) and the frontal eye fields (FEF) on vestibular neurons were studied in cerebellectomized cats anesthetized with α chloralose. Neurons were(More)
We report the detection of high energy γ-ray emission from the young and energetic pulsar PSR B1509−58 and its pulsar wind nebula (PWN) in the composite supernova remnant SNR G320.4−1.2 (aka MSH 15−52). Using 1 year of survey data with the Fermi-Large Area Telescope (LAT), we detected pulsations from PSR B1509−58 up to 1 GeV and extended γ-ray emission(More)
Experiments were performed on cats anesthetized with a chloralose to locate neurons in and around the interstitial nucleus of Cajal (INC) that project to the vestibular nuclei, and to study labyrinthine inputs to these neurons. Neurons that project to the vestibular nuclei were identified by microstimulation confined to the vestibular nuclei on both sides.(More)
1. Experiments were performed in cats anesthetized with nitrous oxide to study the effects of INC lesions on responses of vestibular nuclear neurons during sinusoidal rotations of the head in the vertical (pitch) plane. Responses of neurons in the INC region were recorded during pitch rotations at 0.15 Hz. A great majority of these neurons did not respond(More)
PURPOSE To evaluate indirect findings of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leakage on radionuclide cisternography and their changes after treatment. MATERIALS AND METHODS This study was approved by the hospital's institutional review board and informed consent was obtained before each examination. A total of 67 patients who were clinically suspected of(More)
Interstitiospinal neurons were activated by antidromic stimulation of the spinal cord ventromedial funiculus at C1 and C4 in cerebellectomized cats under chlor alose anesthesia. Neurons responding only to C1 were classified as N cells and those responding both to C1 and C4 were classified as D cells, as in previous experiments (Fukushima et al. 1980a).(More)
Neurons that project to the spinal cord were located in the mesencephalic reticular formation outside the interstitial nucleus of Cajal in cerebellectomized cats under chloralose anesthesia. Of these neurons 40% responded only at C1 (reticulospinal N cells) and the remaining 60% responded at C4 also (reticulospinal D cells). Conduction velocities of N cells(More)
Neurons were recorded extracellularly in the mesencephalic reticular formation outside the interstitial nucleus of Cajal in cerebellectomized cats anesthetized with α chloralose. Reticulospinal neurons were identified by antidromic stimulation of the upper cervical segments. Stimulation in the deep layers of the ipsilateral superior colliculus evoked firing(More)
Nine compounds (1-9) were isolated from the fruiting bodies of Stropharia rugosoannulata. Compounds 1-5, 8, and 9 suppressed the formation of osteoclast. Compounds 2 and 5 showed anti-fungal activity, and their MIC were 250 µM and 500 µM respectively. Compounds 2-6 showed inhibitory effects on thapsigargin toxicity.
We present a detailed analysis of the GeV gamma-ray emission toward the supernova remnant (SNR) G8.7−0.1 with the Large Area Telescope (LAT) onboard the Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope. An investigation of the relationship among G8.7−0.1 and the TeV unidentified source HESS J1804−216 provides us with an important clue on diffusion process of cosmic rays if(More)