Marwa Sidani

Learn More
Numerous medical organizations have developed cancer screening guidelines. Faced with the broad, and sometimes conflicting, range of recommendations for cancer screening, family physicians must determine the most reasonable and up-to-date method of screening. Major medical organizations have generally achieved consensus on screening guidelines for breast,(More)
We recently showed that Tarapod tannic acid (TA), a hydrolyzable tannin extracted from the pods of the Tara tree (Caesalpinia spinosa), was more effective than other tannins tested at inhibiting ultraviolet-B (UV-B)-stimulated hydrogen peroxide activity (an indirect measure of free radicals) in the skin of hairless mice. We also found that Tarapod TA(More)
The anti-oxidant and anti-tumor promotion activities of several tannins extracted from plants were examined in mouse skin treated with ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation in vivo. Hydroperoxide production was found to be maximally stimulated at a UVB dose of 200 mj/cm2, beyond which no further stimulation occurred. Treatment of mouse skin with two UVB doses of(More)
INTRODUCTION Managed care in its numerous forms is continuing to change the face of the healthcare system in the United States. IMPACT OF MANAGED CARE ON MEDICAL EDUCATION: As managed care continues to invade the market, it has a substantial influence in shaping the parameters of graduate medical education. Various surveys have shown that residents are(More)
Mediastinal hematoma is a rare complication following insertion of a central venous catheter with only few cases reported in the English literature. We report a case of a 71-year-old female who was admitted for elective chemoport placement. USG guided right internal jugular access was attempted using the Seldinger technique. Resistance was met while(More)
Preeclampsia is one of the most commonly encountered hypertensive disorders of pregnancy (HDP). It is mostly feared because of its serious maternal and fetal mortalities and morbidities. Ten percent of women have high blood pressure (BP) during pregnancy, and preeclampsia complicates 2% to 8% of pregnancies 1 . Overall, 10% to 15% of direct maternal deaths(More)
Myelolipoma of the adrenal gland is a rare benign tumor. It is diagnosed incidentally in most cases because of its non-functioning nature, unless it causes symptoms due to its size. It has specific sonographic and computed tomographic features. A case is presented, magnetic resonance findings are reported for the first time and a review of the literature is(More)
BACKGROUND AND METHODS Biliary-colonic fistulas are a known, but unusual, complication of gallstone disease. Fistulas occurring after cholecystectomy between cystic duct stump (CDS) and the colon are extremely rare; only two cases have been previously reported in the literature. We report a third case, and discuss the diagnostic work-up and management of(More)
  • 1