Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Calcium Ions Regulate K+ Uptake into Brain Mitochondria: The Evidence for a Novel Potassium Channel
- Jolanta Skalska, P. Bednarczyk, +6 authors A. Szewczyk
- Medicine, Chemistry
- International journal of molecular sciences
- 1 March 2009
The mitochondrial response to changes of cytosolic calcium concentration has a strong impact on neuronal cell metabolism and viability. We observed that Ca2+ additions to isolated rat brain… Expand
A novel potassium channel in skeletal muscle mitochondria.
- J. Skalska, M. Piwońska, +9 authors W. Kunz
- Chemistry, Medicine
- Biochimica et biophysica acta
- 1 July 2008
In this work we provide evidence for the potential presence of a potassium channel in skeletal muscle mitochondria. In isolated rat skeletal muscle mitochondria, Ca(2+) was able to depolarize the… Expand
Large-conductance K+ channel openers induce death of human glioma cells.
- G. Debska-Vielhaber, M. M. Godlewski, +7 authors T. Motyl
- Medicine, Biology
- Journal of physiology and pharmacology : an…
- 1 December 2009
Large-conductance Ca(2+)-activated K(+) channels (BKCa channels) are highly expressed in human glioma cells. It has been reported that BK(Ca) channels are present in the inner mitochondrial membrane… Expand
PCC-associated events induced in seedeling roots of V.faba