Mareike Voget

Learn More
Prenatal infection and exposure to traumatizing experiences during peripuberty have each been associated with increased risk for neuropsychiatric disorders. Evidence is lacking for the cumulative impact of such prenatal and postnatal environmental challenges on brain functions and vulnerability to psychiatric disease. Here, we show in a translational mouse(More)
Environmental factors have long been known to regulate brain plasticity. We investigated the potential influence of social experience on ocular dominance plasticity. Fully adult female or male mice were monocularly deprived for four days and kept a) either alone or in pairs of the same sex and b) either in a small cage or a large, featureless arena. While(More)
Laparoscopic fundoplication provides good reflux control, but side-effects due to the surgical procedure are known. Different endoluminal techniques have been introduced, but all with disappointing results. Evaluation of the feasibility and safety of a new device, which enables a totally endoluminal anterior fundoplication for the treatment of(More)
BACKGROUND In recent years, deep brain stimulation (DBS) has emerged as a promising treatment option for patients suffering from treatment-resistant depression (TRD). Several stimulation targets have successfully been tested in clinical settings, including the subgenual cingulum (Cg25) and the medial forebrain bundle (MFB). MFB-DBS has led to remarkable(More)
Deep brain stimulation (DBS) of several targets induces beneficial responses in approximately 60% of patients suffering from treatment-resistant depression (TRD). The remaining 40% indicate that these stimulation sites do not bear therapeutic relevance for all TRD patients and consequently DBS-targets should be selected according to individual symptom(More)
A significant portion of patients suffering from major depression remains refractory to available antidepressant treatment strategies. This highlights the need for a better understanding of the underlying neuropathology in order to develop rationale-based treatments. Here we aimed to further characterize neurobiological abnormalities of the Flinders(More)
Bone turnover and calcium homeostasis in man can only be modelled validly in Old World nonhuman primates. In order to interpret the models it is necessary to establish endocrine and biochemical parameters of bone mineral metabolism. This report is probably the first description of acute phase parathyroid responses to manipulations of blood ionised calcium,(More)
Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is a severe chronic condition characterized by compulsive alcohol use, cravings and high relapse rates even after long periods of abstinence. It is suggested that alterations in neuronal network activity, especially in the reward pathway accompany or even mediate relapse behavior. Here we used a DSM-based rat model to map in a(More)
The dopamine transporter (DAT) plays a pivotal role in maintaining optimal dopamine signaling. DAT-overactivity has been linked to various neuropsychiatric disorders yet so far the direct pathological consequences of it has not been fully assessed. We here generated a transgenic rat model that via pronuclear microinjection overexpresses the DAT gene. Our(More)
To date, the effects of deep brain stimulation (DBS) on hippocampal neurogenesis have been mainly characterized in the context of memory. Acute stimulation (i.e. for 1 h) of either the entorhinal cortex or the anterior thalamus increases both cell proliferation and survival. We investigate whether stimulation applied to targets being considered for the(More)