Bismuthene nanosheets produced by ionic liquid assisted grinding exfoliation and their use for oxygen reduction reaction
- Manila Ozhukil Valappil, A. Ganguly, J. Benson, V. Pillai, S. Alwarappan, P. Papakonstantinou
- ChemistryRSC Advances
- 27 November 2020
We report the simple synthesis of bismuthene nanosheets (BiNS) by ionic liquid assisted grinding exfoliation, followed by size selection sequential centrifugation steps for the first time. The…
A single-step, electrochemical synthesis of nitrogen doped blue luminescent phosphorene quantum dots.
- Manila Ozhukil Valappil, Monika Ahlawat, V. Pillai, S. Alwarappan
- Materials Science, ChemistryChemical Communications
- 16 October 2018
A one-step strategy for the electrochemical synthesis of nitrogen doped blue luminescent phosphorene quantum dots (NPQDs) from black phosphorus at room temperature with 88.7% quantum efficiency is reported.
Tungsten disulfide Quantum Dots Based Disposable Paper Based Lab on GenoChip for Specific Meningitis DNA Detection
- Riya Gupta, Manila Ozhukil Valappil, S. Alwarappan
- Materials ScienceJournal of the Electrochemical Society
- 28 May 2020
Role of Structural Distortion in Stabilizing Electrosynthesized Blue-Emitting Phosphorene Quantum Dots.
- Manila Ozhukil Valappil, Krati Joshi, S. Alwarappan
- Materials ScienceJournal of Physical Chemistry Letters
- 18 February 2019
This work investigates the structural distortion of black phosphorus under an applied electric field to yield blue luminescent PQDs, which exhibit photoluminescence emission independent of excitation wavelength with 84% quantum efficiency.
Phosphorene quantum dots: synthesis, properties and catalytic applications
- Manila Ozhukil Valappil, S. Alwarappan, V. Pillai
Phosphorene quantum dots (PQDs) belong to a new class of zero-dimensional functional nanostructures with unique physicochemical and surface properties in comparison with few-layer phosphorene and…
Corrosion Susceptibility of Mesoporous Carbons: Evidential Understanding of the Effects of Quasi-Passive Oxide Formation
- Manila Ozhukil Valappil, F. Forouzandeh, Marwa Atwa, S. Luong, V. Birss
- ECS Meeting Abstracts
- 19 October 2021
Electrochemical transformation of black phosphorous to phosphorene quantum dots: effect of nitrogen doping
- Manila Ozhukil Valappil, Jamal Mohamed S, S. Alwarappan, V. Pillai
- Materials ScienceMaterials Research Express
- 4 February 2020
We present a comparative analysis of the structural and optical properties of electrosynthesized PQDs, a new class of size-tunable luminescent materials and their nitrogen doped counter parts(NPQDs).…
Adsorption Kinetics of WS2 Quantum Dots onto a Polycrystalline Gold Surface.
- Manila Ozhukil Valappil, M. Roopesh, S. Alwarappan, V. Pillai
- Chemistry, Materials ScienceLangmuir
- 18 April 2018
The role of entropic forces on the stability of the WS2 QDs monolayer is underscore and new thermodynamic insights into other transition-metal dichalcogenide quantum dot (TMDQD) monolayers as well are provided.
N-Doped Nanoporous Carbon Scaffolds As Catalysts for CO2 Reduction
- J. Li, Manila Ozhukil Valappil, E. Bertin, V. Birss
- ChemistryECS Meeting Abstracts
- 7 July 2022
The need for clean energy solutions in order to significantly lower our carbon footprint is placing increasing attention on renewable energy, such as wind and solar. However, these technologies…