Maher Haj Ibrahim

  • Citations Per Year
Learn More
A prospective clinical trial was carried out to determine in vivo efficacy of sulfadoxine/pyrimethamine for the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in children in New Halfa. Forty patients were enrolled; 31 completed the 28-day follow-up. Six (19.4%) patients showed recurrence of parasitaemia during follow-up, while the rest (80.6%)(More)
Vascular access (VA) is the lifeline for patients with end-stage renal disease on regular hemodialysis (HD). Tunneled catheters have been associated with increased risk of luminal thrombosis, infection, hospitalization, and high cost. Our aims were to follow the "Fistula First Initiative," avoid or reduce the rate of catheter insertion, improve the rate of(More)
Pregnant Sudanese women who presented at a hospital in eastern Sudan with chloroquine-resistant falciparum malaria were randomly allocated to one of two quinine regimens: low-dose (10 mg/kg 2 times/day) (18 patients) or standard (10 mg/kg 3 times/day) (24 patients). Treatment was for 7 days and follow-up for 28 days. Significantly fewer patients in the(More)
In November-December 2002, 98 patients presented at the Elhara Eloula health centre, in the New Halfa area of eastern Sudan, with Plasmodium falciparum malaria that had failed to respond to chloroquine treatment. After informed consent was obtained, 93 of these patients were randomly allocated to one of three regimens for quinine treatment, being given the(More)
  • 1