Sigfox and LoRaWAN Datasets for Fingerprint Localization in Large Urban and Rural Areas
- Michiel Aernouts, R. Berkvens, Koen Van Vlaenderen, M. Weyn
- Computer ScienceInternational Conference on Data Technologies and…
- 10 April 2018
Three LPWAN datasets which are collected in large-scale urban and rural areas are presented to provide the research community with a tool to evaluate fingerprinting algorithms in large outdoor environments.
DASH7 alliance protocol 1.0: Low-power, mid-range sensor and actuator communication
- M. Weyn, Glenn Ergeerts, R. Berkvens, B. Wojciechowski, Yordan Tabakov
- Computer ScienceIEEE Conference on Standards for Communications…
- 1 October 2015
The paper explains its historic relation to active RFID standards ISO 18000-7 for 433 MHz communication, the basic concepts and communication paradigms of the protocol, and the implementation of every OSI layer.
Survey of the DASH7 Alliance Protocol for 433 MHz Wireless Sensor Communication
- M. Weyn, Glenn Ergeerts, Luc Wante, C. Vercauteren, P. Hellinckx
- Computer ScienceInt. J. Distributed Sens. Networks
- 1 December 2013
The DASH7 Alliance Protocol, an active RFID alliance standard for 433 MHz wireless sensor communication based on the ISO/IEC 18000-7, is presented and a software stack implementation named OSS-7 is introduced, which is an open source implementation of the Dash7 alliance protocol used for testing, rapid prototyping, and demonstrations.
A WiFi Assisted GPS Positioning Concept
To minimize the initialisation and the training of the WiFi-positioning a self mapping system is needed, with an accuracy of 50 meters, the WiFi system should be sucient to reduce a number of disadvantages of GPS.
A Survey of Rigid 3D Pointcloud Registration Algorithms
The main contribution of this paper consists of an overview of registration algorithms that are of interest in the field of computer vision and robotics, for example Simultaneous Localization and Mapping.
Mobile Phone-Based Displacement Estimation for Opportunistic Localisation Systems
- Inge Bylemans, M. Weyn, M. Klepal
- EngineeringThird International Conference on Mobile…
- 11 October 2009
The results establish that the estimates of the algorithm are valuable when fusing with other technologies or environment information, to aid the estimation of the location.
Energy Consumption Analysis of LPWAN Technologies and Lifetime Estimation for IoT Application
- Ritesh K. Singh, Priyesh Pappinisseri Puluckul, R. Berkvens, M. Weyn
- Computer Science, EngineeringItalian National Conference on Sensors
- 25 August 2020
An empirical evaluation of energy consumption for LPWAN wireless technologies measures the current consumption of LoRaWAN, DASH7, Sigfox, and NB-IoT and derives the respective battery lifetime to quantify the energy performance of different protocols.
Outdoor Fingerprinting Localization Using Sigfox
- Thomas Janssen, Michiel Aernouts, R. Berkvens, M. Weyn
- Computer ScienceInternational Conference on Indoor Positioning…
- 1 September 2018
The accuracy of an outdoor fingerprinting technique using a large outdoor Sigfox dataset which is openly available is discussed, and a kNN (k Nearest Neighbors) algorithm is applied to the fingerprinting database.
Accurate Energy Consumption Modeling of IEEE 802.15.4e TSCH Using Dual-BandOpenMote Hardware
- Glenn Daneels, Esteban Municio, J. Famaey
- Computer ScienceItalian National Conference on Sensors
- 1 February 2018
An accurate and up-to-date energy consumption model for devices using this IEEE 802.15.4e TSCH mode is presented, which accurately models the consumption for all possible packet sizes and that the calculated consumption on average differs less than 3% from the measured consumption.
DASH7 Alliance Protocol in Monitoring Applications
- Glenn Ergeerts, Maciej Nikodem, M. Weyn
- Computer Science10th International Conference on P2P, Parallel…
- 4 November 2015
This paper introduces important aspects of the recently published DASH7 Alliance Protocol v1.0 specification for wireless sensor and actuator networks and describes two practical use cases as examples of how Dash7 can be used to efficiently solve specific problems.