A high oxfendazole dose to control porcine cysticercosis: pharmacokinetics and tissue residue profiles.
Effective, single-dose treatment or porcine cysticercosis with oxfendazole.
- A. Gonzales, H. García, M. T. Lopez-Urbina
- Medicine, BiologyAmerican Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- 1 April 1996
Oxfendazole provides, for the first time, a practical, effective, inexpensive, and single-dose therapy for porcine cysticercosis.
The taruca (Hippocamelus antisensis) and the red brocket deer (Mazama americana) as intermediate hosts of Taenia hydatigena in Peru, morphological and molecular evidence.
Morphological and molecular identification of Spirocerca lupi (Nematoda: Spiruridae) found in the Andean fox (Lycalopex culpaeus)
- L. Gomez-Puerta, Johan Carrasco, M. T. Lopez-Urbina, Armando E González
- BiologyJournal of Parasitic Diseases
- 24 May 2018
This study is the first to report finding of spirocercosis in the Andean fox, and molecular analysis showed that S. lupi is a very diverse group, due to the genetic variability of the partial sequences of the cox1 gene of Spirocerca.
Efficacy of a single oral dose of oxfendazole against Fasciola hepatica in naturally infected sheep.
- L. Gomez-Puerta, C. Gavidia, M. T. Lopez-Urbina, H. García, Armando E González
- Biology, MedicineAmerican Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- 1 March 2012
A single dose of oxfendazole is highly effective against F. hepatica, providing a new drug alternative for the control of fascioliasis or integrated zoonosis control.
Occurrence of Moniezia expansa (Rud, 1810) Blanchard, 1891 (Cestoda: Anoplocephalidae) in domestic pig (Sus scrofa domestica Linnaeus, 1758) in Perú.
Occurrence of tapeworm Bertiella mucronata (Cestoda: Anoplocephalidae) in the Titi monkey Callicebus oenanthe from Peru: new definitive host and geographical record.
Cryptosporidium parvum as a risk factor of diarrhea occurrence in neonatal alpacas in Peru
- L. Gomez-Puerta, Armando E González, Ana Vargas-Calla, M. T. Lopez-Urbina, V. Cama, Lihua Xiao
- MedicineParasitology Research
- 22 November 2019
It is demonstrated that crypstosporidiosis was significantly associated with diarrhea and there is an association of C. parvum infection with diarrhea in neonatal alpacas.
Finding of pentastomes of genus Reighardia (Pentastomida) in the Belcher's gull (Larus belcheri).
A New Species of Atriotaenia (Cestoda: Anoplocephalidae) from the Hog-Nosed Skunk Conepatus chinga (Carnivora: Mephitidae) In Peru
- L. Gomez-Puerta, D. S. Ticona, M. T. Lopez-Urbina, Armando E González
- BiologyJournal of Parasitology
- 17 February 2012
This cestode is the fifth species of Atriotaenia Sandground, 1926, and is described as a parasite of the Andean hog-nosed skunk, Conepatus chinga (Carnivora: Mephitidae), from Cusco, Perú.