Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Water-based exercise improves health-related aspects of fitness in older women.
- N. Takeshima, M. Rogers, +5 authors J. Hayano
- Medicine and science in sports and exercise
- 1 March 2002
PURPOSE The purpose of this study was to determine the physiological responses of elderly women to a well-rounded exercise program performed in water (WEX). METHODS The participants (60-75 yr of… Expand
Methods to assess and improve the physical parameters associated with fall risk in older adults.
BACKGROUND Falls are common among older adults. Many physical parameters including reduced postural stability, decreased dynamic balance, gait disorders, strength deficits, difficulty standing from a… Expand
Range of motion of the wrist: implications for designing computer input devices for the elderly
- A. Chaparro, M. Rogers, J. Fernandez, Mike Bohan, Choi Sang Dae, L. Stumpfhauser
- Medicine, Engineering
- Disability and rehabilitation
- 1 January 2000
Purpose : The purpose of this study was to report normative values of the amplitude of joint wrist motions and grip strength for older age groups. Method : Volunteers, (N = 147) were divided into… Expand
Effects of nordic walking compared to conventional walking and band-based resistance exercise on fitness in older adults.
- N. Takeshima, M. Islam, +6 authors Aiko Naruse
- Journal of sports science & medicine
- 1 September 2013
The purpose of this study was to compare the effects of Nordic walking with conventional walking and band-based resistance exercise on functional fitness, static balance and dynamic balance in older… Expand
Effect of concurrent aerobic and resistance circuit exercise training on fitness in older adults
- N. Takeshima, M. Rogers, M. Islam, T. Yamauchi, E. Watanabe, A. Okada
- European Journal of Applied Physiology
- 4 August 2004
The purpose of this study was to determine the physiological effects of a programmed accommodating circuit exercise (PACE) program consisting of aerobic exercise and hydraulic-resistance exercise… Expand
Effects of combined sensory and muscular training on balance in Japanese older adults.
- M. Islam, Eriko Nasu, M. Rogers, D. Koizumi, N. Rogers, N. Takeshima
- Preventive medicine
- 1 December 2004
BACKGROUND Adequate levels of physical balance and muscular strength are necessary to live independently in old age. The effects of an exercise training program targeting the sensory and muscle… Expand
Muscle Activation during Push-Ups with Different Suspension Training Systems.
- J. Calatayud, S. Borreani, +4 authors L. L. Andersen
- Journal of sports science & medicine
- 1 September 2014
The purpose of this study was to analyze upper extremity and core muscle activation when performing push-ups with different suspension devices. Young fit male university students (n = 29) performed 3… Expand
Training to Reduce Postural Sway and Increase Functional Reach in the Elderly
- M. Rogers, J. Fernandez, R. M. Bohlken
- Engineering, Medicine
- Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation
- 1 December 2001
Poor balance is one of the most common risk factors for falling, a common cause of work-related injury and death. To evaluate the effects of a 10-week intervention program on balance in older adults,… Expand
Validation of measures from the smartphone sway balance application: a pilot study.
- J. Patterson, R. Z. Amick, Tarunkumar Thummar, M. Rogers
- International journal of sports physical therapy
- 1 April 2014
PURPOSE/BACKGROUND A number of different balance assessment techniques are currently available and widely used. These include both subjective and objective assessments. The ability to provide… Expand
Factors Associated with the Risk of Falls of Nursing Home Residents Aged 80 or Older
- F. Á. Barbosa, B. Del Pozo-Cruz, J. del Pozo-Cruz, R. M. Alfonso-Rosa, B. Corrales, M. Rogers
- Rehabilitation nursing : the official journal of…
- 1 January 2016
Background: Falls are the leading cause of mortality and morbidity in older and represents one of the major and most costly public health problems worldwide. Purpose: Evaluate the influences of lower… Expand