Suicide risk and prevention during the COVID-19 pandemic
- D. Gunnell, L. Appleby, P. Yip
- PsychologyLancet psychiatry
- 21 April 2020
Hepatocellular Carcinoma Is Associated With Gut Microbiota Profile and Inflammation in Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- F. Ponziani, S. Bhoori, V. Mazzaferro
- Medicine, BiologyHepatology
- 10 July 2018
It is suggested that in patients with cirrhosis and NAFLD the gut microbiota profile and systemic inflammation are significantly correlated and can concur in the process of hepatocarcinogenesis.
Hepatocellular carcinoma and cirrhosis in 746 patients: long-term results of percutaneous ethanol injection.
- T. Livraghi, A. Giorgio, G. Torzilli
- 1 October 1995
PEI proved safe, effective, and repeatable and had a low cost, probably because of a balancing between greater radicality of surgery and absence of early mortality and liver damage of PEI.
Thrombotic risk factors in patients with liver cirrhosis: correlation with MELD scoring system and portal vein thrombosis development.
- M. Zocco, E. di Stasio, A. Gasbarrini
- MedicineJournal of Hepatology
- 1 October 2009
Suicide risk in schizophrenia: learning from the past to change the future
- M. Pompili, X. Amador, R. Tatarelli
- Psychology, MedicineAnnals of General Psychiatry
- 16 March 2007
This is the first attempt to present a consensus report as well as the development of a set of guidelines for reducing suicide risk among schizophenia patients.
Suicidal Behavior and Alcohol Abuse
- M. Pompili, G. Serafini, D. Lester
- Psychology, MedicineInternational Journal of Environmental Research…
- 29 March 2010
Evidence of the relationship between alcohol use and suicide through a search of MedLine and PsychInfo electronic databases is reviewed and multiple genetically-related intermediate phenotypes might influence the relationshipBetween alcohol and suicide.
Decreased risk of suicides and attempts during long-term lithium treatment: a meta-analytic review.
- R. Baldessarini, L. Tondo, P. Davis, M. Pompili, F. Goodwin, J. Hennen
- Psychology, MedicineBipolar Disorders
- 1 October 2006
Risks of completed and attempted suicide were consistently lower, by approximately 80%, during treatment of bipolar and other major affective disorder patients with lithium for an average of 18 months, and these benefits were sustained in randomized as well as open clinical trials.
Second-Generation Antipsychotics and Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome: Systematic Review and Case Report Analysis
- M. Belvederi Murri, A. Guaglianone, M. Amore
- Psychology, MedicineDrugs in R&D
- 13 January 2015
Systematic analysis of case reports suggests that even the most recently marketed antipsychotics are not free from the risk of inducing NMS, and primary studies suggest that SGA-NMS is characterized by lower incidence, lower clinical severity, and less frequent lethal outcome.
Contrast ultrasound LI-RADS LR-5 identifies hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhosis in a multicenter restropective study of 1,006 nodules.
- E. Terzi, M. Iavarone, F. Piscaglia
- MedicineJournal of Hepatology
- 11 November 2017
Effects of the lockdown on the mental health of the general population during the COVID-19 pandemic in Italy: Results from the COMET collaborative network
- A. Fiorillo, G. Sampogna, U. Volpe
- Medicine, PsychologyEuropean psychiatry
- 28 September 2020
Although physical isolation and lockdown represent essential public health measures for containing the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, they are a serious threat for mental health and well-being of the general population.