Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Prevalence of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Symptoms in 4- to 17-Year-Old Children in the General Population
- D. Pineda, A. Ardila, +5 authors M. Miranda
- Psychology, Medicine
- Journal of abnormal child psychology
- 1 December 1999
The purposes of this study were (a) to estimate the prevalence of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD) symptoms in the general preschool and school population; and (b) to analyze the… Expand
XX Maleness and XX true hermaphroditism in SRY-negative monozygotic twins: additional evidence for a common origin.
- A. Maciel-Guerra, M. de Mello, +6 authors G. Guerra-Júnior
- Biology, Medicine
- The Journal of clinical endocrinology and…
- 1 February 2008
CONTEXT Differentiation of testicular tissue in 46,XX individuals is seen either in XX males, the majority of them with SRY gene, or in individuals, usually SRY(-), with ovotesticular disorder of sex… Expand
Laparoscopic upper-pole nephroureterectomy in infants.
- M. Miranda, A. Oliveira-Filho, Patricia T Carvalho, E. Ungersbock, Hugo Olímpio, J. Bustorff-Silva
- International braz j urol : official journal of…
- 1 March 2007
OBJECTIVE Report the results of laparoscopic upper-pole nephroureterectomy in infants. Expand
Vesicostomy as a protector of upper urinary tract in long-term follow-up.
INTRODUCTION The aim of this study was to analyze the results of vesicostomy in children as a protector of the upper urinary tract and assess the adjustments taken by the caregivers. MATERIALS AND… Expand
Wilms tumor in a prenatally diagnosed multicystic kidney.
- A. G. de Oliveira-Filho, M. H. Carvalho, L. Sbragia-Neto, M. Miranda, J. Bustorff-Silva, E. D. de Oliveira
- The Journal of urology
- 1 November 1997
Although conservative treatment of multicystic dysplastic kidney is generally accepted, there are reports of complications when such a kidney is retained, particularly malignant degeneration.1.2 We… Expand
408 Cases of Genital Ambiguity Followed by Single Multidisciplinary Team during 23 Years: Etiologic Diagnosis and Sex of Rearing
- Georgette Beatriz De Paula, B. Barros, +19 authors G. Guerra-Júnior
- International journal of endocrinology
- 28 November 2016
Objective. To evaluate diagnosis, age of referral, karyotype, and sex of rearing of cases with disorders of sex development (DSD) with ambiguous genitalia. Methods. Retrospective study during 23… Expand
Congenital perineal lipoma presenting as ambiguous genitalia.
- G. Guerra-Júnior, A. M. E. Aun, +5 authors A. Maciel-Guerra
- European journal of pediatric surgery : official…
- 1 August 2008
BACKGROUND Congenital perineal lipoma is extremely rare and may lead to a misdiagnosis of ambiguous genitalia. CASE REPORTS We report on two girls referred to our service for ambiguous genitalia.… Expand
Monitoring intravesical pressure during gastroschisis closure. Does it help to decide between delayed primary or staged closure?
- Augusto Frederico Santos Schmidt, A. Gonçalves, +5 authors L. Sbragia
- The journal of maternal-fetal & neonatal medicine…
- 25 April 2012
Introduction and objective: Correction of gastroschisis may be accomplished by either primary or staged closure or even delayed primary closure after the use of a preformed silo. However, there is… Expand
Labioscrotal island flap in feminizing genitoplasty.
- M. Miranda, A. Oliveira-Filho, S. Lemos-Marini, G. Guerra, J. Bustorff-Silva
- Journal of pediatric surgery
- 1 July 2004
BACKGROUND/PURPOSE Stenosis of the vaginal introitus is the most frequent complication after genital reconstruction for ambiguous genitalia associated with congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH). With… Expand
46,XX DSD and Antley-Bixler syndrome due to novel mutations in the cytochrome P450 oxidoreductase gene.
- G. Guaragna-Filho, C. C. T. S. Castro, +10 authors G. Guerra-Júnior
- Biology, Medicine
- Arquivos brasileiros de endocrinologia e…
- 1 November 2012
Deficiency of the enzyme P450 oxidoreductase is a rare form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia with characteristics of combined and partial impairments in steroidogenic enzyme activities, as P450… Expand