Multi-dimensional Sparse Matrix Storage
- J. Dvorský, M. Krátký
- Computer ScienceDatabases, Texts, Specifications, Objects
The multi-dimensional approach is extended and usage of generalmulti-dimensional structure for sparse matrix storage is introduced in this paper.
A Novel Method for Detection of Covered Conductor Faults in Medium Voltage Overhead Line Systems
- M. Krátký, S. Mišák, P. Gajdoš, Petr Lukáš, Radim Bača, P. Chovanec
- Engineering, PhysicsIEEE transactions on industrial electronics…
A new indicator of the faults based on the frequency of peaks in the signal of partial discharges is introduced, although the cost of the detector is minimized in comparison with other similar fault detectors.
Optimal and efficient generalized twig pattern processing: a combination of preorder and postorder filterings
- Radim Bača, M. Krátký, T. Ling, Jiaheng Lu
- Computer ScienceThe VLDB journal
- 1 June 2013
This article introduces a holistic algorithm called GTPStack which is the first approach capable of processing a GTP with a linear worst-case I/O complexity with respect to the GTP result size and introduces a new perspective of holistic algorithm optimality which shows that the optimality depends not only on a query class but also on XML document characteristics.
On the efficient search of an XML twig query in large DataGuide trees
- Radim Bača, M. Krátký, V. Snás̃el
- Computer ScienceInternational Database Engineering and…
- 10 September 2008
This article introduces efficient methods for searching an XML twig pattern in large, complex Data guide trees, and shows that DataGuide trees are often massive in the case of real XML documents.
Structural XML Query Processing
- Radim Bača, M. Krátký, S. Sakr
- Computer ScienceACM Computing Surveys
- 26 September 2017
To the best of the knowledge, this is the first work that provides a detailed description of XML query processing techniques that are related to structural aspects and that contains information about their theoretical and practical features as well as about their mutual compatibility and general usability.
Revisiting M-Tree Building Principles
- T. Skopal, J. Pokorný, M. Krátký, V. Snás̃el
- Computer ScienceSymposium on Advances in Databases and…
- 3 September 2003
The first one incorporates a multi-way object insertion while the second one exploits the generalized slim-down algorithm to improve the querying performance of the M-tree.
A new range query algorithm for Universal B-trees
- T. Skopal, M. Krátký, J. Pokorný, V. Snás̃el
- Computer ScienceInformation Systems
- 1 September 2006
Light flicker of fluorescent lamps with different types of ballasts caused by interharmonics
- J. Drapela, M. Krátký, L. Weidinger, M. Závodný
- PhysicsIEEE Russia Power Tech
- 27 June 2005
The paper presents an analysis of the voltage fluctuations caused by interharmonics and its influence on luminous flux fluctuations of used combinations of fluorescent lamps and ballasts. One of the…
TJDewey - On the Efficient Path Labeling Scheme Holistic Approach
- Radim Bača, M. Krátký
- Computer ScienceDASFAA Workshops
- 27 August 2009
This article introduces the TJDewey algorithm which combines the TJFast algorithm with the DataGuide summary tree and shows that the utilization of a path labeling scheme can have comparable or even better query processing parameters compared to other element labeling scheme approaches.
On the Efficiency of a Prefix Path Holistic Algorithm
- Radim Bača, M. Krátký
- Computer ScienceInternational XML Database Symposium
- 21 August 2009
A variant of the TwigStack algorithm which can work with various streaming schemes and its efficiency does not deteriorate when the number of streams per query node is increased, as it does in the case of the iTwigJoin algorithm.