Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Mitochondria and cardiovascular diseases-from pathophysiology to treatment.
- G. Siasos, Vasiliki Tsigkou, +12 authors Athanasios G. Papavassiliou
- Annals of translational medicine
- 27 June 2018
Mitochondria are the source of cellular energy production and are present in different types of cells. However, their function is especially important for the heart due to the high demands in energy… Expand
Impact of the financial crisis on COPD burden: Greece as a case study
- O. Kotsiou, S. Zouridis, M. Kosmopoulos, K. Gourgoulianis
- European Respiratory Review
- 24 January 2018
Poverty and low socioeconomic status have been associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). The current financial crisis has forced millions back into poverty. Greece is one of the… Expand
Impact of advanced glycation end products (AGEs) signaling in coronary artery disease.
- M. Kosmopoulos, Dimitrios Drekolias, P. Zavras, C. Piperi, A. Papavassiliou
- Biochimica et biophysica acta. Molecular basis of…
- 1 March 2019
Coronary artery disease remains the leading cause of mortality in adult diabetic population with however, a high predominance also in non-diabetic subjects. In search of common molecular mechanisms… Expand
Critical Role of IL-8 Targeting in Gliomas.
- M. Kosmopoulos, Anthos Christofides, Dimitrios Drekolias, P. Zavras, A. Gargalionis, C. Piperi
- Current medicinal chemistry
BACKGROUND Glioma is a heterogeneous, highly complicated central nervous system (CNS) tumor with uncertain mechanism of initiation and progression, resulting in an unfavorable outcome. An extended… Expand
Pathophysiological mechanisms regulated by cytokines in gliomas.
Glioma, a neuroglia originated malignancy, consists of one of the most aggressive primary tumors of the central nervous system with poor prognosis and lack of efficient treatment strategy. Cytokines… Expand
The complex crosstalk between inflammatory cytokines and ventricular arrhythmias
HighlightsCytokines present a non‐linear relationship with arrhythmogenic potential of myocardium.Cytokines affect the autonomic innervation of the heart.Serum cytokine levels predict the occurrence… Expand
Contemporary approaches to cardiopulmonary resuscitation: physiology-guided approaches
- M. Kosmopoulos, Rajat Kalra, Jason A. Bartos, G. Raveendran, Demetris Yannopoulos
- 1 April 2020
Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) strategies for cardiac arrest have traditionally been centered on the use of vasoactive medications and high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). However,… Expand
Meta‐analysis of risk factors and complications associated with atrial fibrillation after oesophagectomy
- Dimitrios Schizas, M. Kosmopoulos, +6 authors T. Liakakos
- The British journal of surgery
- 1 April 2019
Oesophagectomy is associated with high morbidity and mortality rates. New‐onset atrial fibrillation (AF) is a frequent complication following oesophagectomy. Several studies have explored whether… Expand
Repetitive‐incessant electrical storm triggered by early repolarization
- S. Chatzidou, E. Repasos, +5 authors S. Rokas
- Annals of noninvasive electrocardiology : the…
- 1 July 2018
Early repolarization syndrome (ERS) was originally considered a normal variant with benign outcome. However, recent studies have demonstrated that it can be linked to a considerable risk of… Expand
Parental anxiety in pediatric surgery consultations: the role of health literacy and need for information.
- G. Kampouroglou, Venetia-Sofia Velonaki, +7 authors K. Tsoumakas
- Journal of pediatric surgery
- 1 April 2020
INTRODUCTION Although important, parental anxiety, health literacy and need-for-information in pediatric surgery outpatient clinics have not been extensively studied. Lower educational attainments,… Expand