Experimental evaluation and cross-benchmarking of univariate real solvers
- M. Hemmer, E. Tsigaridas, Z. Zafeirakopoulos, I. Emiris, M. Karavelas, B. Mourrain
- Computer ScienceSymbolic-Numeric Computation
- 3 August 2009
This paper is focused on the comparison of black-box implementations of state-of-the-art algorithms for isolating real roots of univariate polynomials over the integers and indicates that for most instances the solvers based on Continued Fractions are among the best methods.
A Computational Basis for Conic Arcs and Boolean Operations on Conic Polygons
- Eric Berberich, Arno Eigenwillig, M. Hemmer, Susan Hert, K. Mehlhorn, E. Schömer
- Mathematics, Computer ScienceEmbedded Systems and Applications
- 17 September 2002
We give an exact geometry kernel for conic arcs, algorithms for exact computation with low-degree algebraic numbers, and an algorithm for computing the arrangement of conic arcs that immediately…
Engineering Art Galleries
- P. J. Rezende, C. C. Souza, Stephan Friedrichs, M. Hemmer, A. Kröller, Davi C. Tozoni
- Computer ScienceAlgorithm Engineering
- 31 October 2014
This work describes this work, shows the chronology of developments, and compares current algorithms, including two unpublished versions, in an exhaustive experiment, to show what core algorithmic ingredients have led to recent successes.
Efficient Computation of Visibility Polygons
- Francisc Bungiu, M. Hemmer, J. Hershberger, Kan Huang, A. Kröller
- Computer SciencearXiv.org
- 16 March 2014
New implementations, and corresponding experimental evaluations, are reported on for two established and one novel algorithm for computing visibility polygons, as a new package for the Computational Geometry Algorithms Library (CGAL).
Which children can find a way through a strange town using a streetmap? – results of an empirical study on children's orientation competence
- I. Hemmer, M. Hemmer, Katja Kruschel, E. Neidhardt, G. Obermaier, Rainer Uphues
- 1 February 2013
This article relates about some results of an interdisciplinary research project analyzing influencing factors of children's spatial orientation competence in real space carried out by geography…
Educational Standards in Geography for the Intermediate School Certificate : with sample assignments. 2. English edition
- I. Hemmer, M. Hemmer, Tilmann Rhode-Jüchtern, Gudrun Ringel, Eberhard Schallhorn
- Geography, Medicine
Computing a 3-dimensional cell in an arrangement of quadrics: exactly and actually!
- Nicola Wolpert, M. Hemmer, E. Schömer
- MathematicsSCG '01
- 1 June 2001
Two approaches to the problem of calculating a cell in a 3- dimensional arrangement of quadrics are presented, one of which operates directly in 3-space by applying classical solid modeling techniques and the other with the help of verified floating point arithmetic.
Distributed cohesive control for robot swarms: Maintaining good connectivity in the presence of exterior forces
- Dominik Krupke, Maximilian Ernestus, M. Hemmer, S. Fekete
- Computer ScienceIEEE/RJS International Conference on Intelligent…
- 12 May 2015
A set of local continuous algorithms that together produce a generalization of a Euclidean Steiner tree are proposed, which scales well, is robust against node failures, and performs close to the best known approximation bound for a corresponding centralized static optimization problem.
High Precision Conservative Surface Mesh Generation for Swept Volumes
- A. V. Dziegielewski, M. Hemmer, E. Schömer
- Computer ScienceIEEE Transactions on Automation Science and…
A novel, efficient, and flexible scheme to generate a high-quality mesh that approximates the outer boundary of a swept volume that is able to handle inputs of high complexity and compute an approximation with a very high precision, which is demonstrated on real industrial data sets.
Effective Computational Geometry for Curves and Surfaces
- Eric Berberich, Arno Eigenwillig, Nicola Wolpert
- Computer Science
We present the first release of the C++ libraries of the Exacus project of the Max-PlanckInstitut für Informatik. We explain the structure of the libraries and the software design for the numerics…