Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Guanidinoacetate methyltransferase activity in tissues and cultured cells.
- M. Daly
- Chemistry, Biology
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics
- 11 July 1984
Guanidinoacetate methyltransferase, the enzyme catalyzing the last step in creatine biosynthesis, has previously been considered to be restricted to a few tissues, but it has been found to occur in… Expand
Uptake of creatine by cultured cells.
Abstract We have examined the uptake of creatine by cultured monolayers of human IMR-90 flbroblasts, human uterine smooth muscle cells, calf aortic smooth muscle cells, and myoblasts and myotubes of… Expand
THE RESPIRATION AND CYTOCHROME OXIDASE ACTIVITY OF RAT AORTA IN EXPERIMENTAL HYPERTENSION
Oxygen consumption and cytochrome oxidase activity of aortas of rats with experimental hypertension were found to be higher than the corresponding values for aortas of normotensive animals. The… Expand
Synthesis of Protein in the Pancreas. II. The Role of Ribonucleoprotein in Protein Synthesis
1. The ribonucleoprotein of the microsome fraction which sediments at 40,000 R.P.M. as a pellet (and which is referred to as the pellet material) has been studied with reference to its role in… Expand
An animal model of cigarette smoking in beagle dogs: correlative evaluation of effects on pulmonary function, defense, and morphology.
- S. S. Park, Y. Kikkawa, +5 authors T. Morita
- The American review of respiratory disease
- 1 June 1977
Using beagle dogs, we have developed an animal model for the evaluation of the effect of chronic cigarette smoking on pulmonary defense and function and on lung structure. The smoking apparatus… Expand
SYNTHESIS OF PROTEIN IN THE PANCREAS
The uptake of glycine-N15 into the trypsinogen and chymotrypsinogen of mouse pancreas is much higher than that into any ribonucleoprotein component of the pancreas that has so far been investigated.
FORMATION OF PROTEIN IN THE PANCREAS
1. The total known secretory enzyme content of the mouse pancreas has been determined and found to represent about 20 per cent of the weight of the dry, fat-free tissue. 2. The changes in secretory… Expand
Arterial lysosomes and connective tissue in primate atherosclerosis and hypertension.
- H. Wolinsky, S. Goldfischer, M. Daly, L. Kasak, B. Coltoff-Schiller
- Biology, Medicine
- Circulation research
- 1 April 1975
The cellular events that occur in the vessel wall consequent to changes in endothelial permeability result in the progression of vascular disease, particularly atherosclerosis. Female rhesus monkeys… Expand
THE AMINO ACID COMPOSITION AND SOME PROPERTIES OF HISTONES
Some of the properties and the amino acid compositions of the histones of calf thymus, calf liver, fowl erythrocytes, and of a protamine-like material isolated from rooster sperm were described. The… Expand
BLOOD PRESSURE, CHOLESTEROL CONTENT OF SERUM AND TISSUES, AND ATHEROGENESIS IN THE RAT
- Q. Deming, E. Mosbach, +6 authors R. Kaplan
- The Journal of experimental medicine
- 31 March 1958
Rats on a stock diet with added cholesterol, cholic acid, and thiouracil developed increased concentrations of cholesterol, total lipide, and beta lipoprotein in the serum, and an increased content… Expand