Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Estimates of in vivo insulin action in man: comparison of insulin tolerance tests with euglycemic and hyperglycemic glucose clamp studies.
- E. Bonora, P. Moghetti, +5 authors M. Muggeo
- The Journal of clinical endocrinology and…
- 1 February 1989
We compared estimates of in vivo insulin action derived from insulin tolerance tests (ITT) and euglycemic and hyperglycemic glucose clamp studies in 17 normal subjects and 19 patients with various… Expand
Extensive screening for occult malignant disease in idiopathic venous thromboembolism: a prospective randomized clinical trial
- A. Piccioli, A. Lensing, +8 authors P. Prandoni
- Journal of thrombosis and haemostasis : JTH
- 1 June 2004
Summary. Patients with symptomatic idiopathic venous thromboembolism and apparently cancer‐free have an approximate 10% incidence of subsequent cancer. Apparently cancer‐free patients with acute… Expand
Visceral fat accumulation and its relation to plasma hemostatic factors in healthy men.
- M. Cigolini, G. Targher, I. A. Bergamo Andreis, M. Tonoli, G. Agostino, G. De Sandre
- Biology, Medicine
- Arteriosclerosis, thrombosis, and vascular…
- 1 March 1996
The associations between abdominal visceral fat and the plasma hemostatic system were examined in 38-year-old healthy men (n=52) with a wide range of fatness and fat distribution. Plasma hemostatic… Expand
Fat distribution in European women: a comparison of anthropometric measurements in relation to cardiovascular risk factors.
- J. Seidell, M. Cigolini, J. Charzewska, B. Ellsinger, G. di Biase
- International journal of epidemiology
- 1 June 1990
In this study in 437 women born in 1948 selected from five European towns we show that several anthropometric measurements are consistently and significantly associated with a metabolic risk profile… Expand
The white blood cell count: its relationship to plasma insulin and other cardiovascular risk factors in healthy male individuals
- G. Targher, J. C. Seidell, M. Tonoli, M. Muggeo, G. De Sandre, M. Cigolini
- Journal of internal medicine
- 1 April 1996
Targher G, Seidell JC, Tonoli M, Muggeo M, De Sandre G, Cigolini M (Division of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Verona, Italy; and Department of… Expand
Body fat distribution in relation to physical activity and smoking habits in 38-year-old European men. The European Fat Distribution Study.
- J. Seidell, M. Cigolini, J. Deslypere, J. Charzewska, B. Ellsinger, A. Cruz
- American journal of epidemiology
- 1 February 1991
The authors studied 512 European men all born in 1950 from six different towns in the period October 1988 to May 1989. Anthropometric measurements were taken, including weight, height, and… Expand
Liver steatosis and its relation to plasma haemostatic factors in apparently healthy men--role of the metabolic syndrome.
- M. Cigolini, G. Targher, G. Agostino, M. Tonoli, M. Muggeo, G. De Sandre
- Thrombosis and haemostasis
- 1 July 1996
The relationship between liver steatosis, evaluated by ultrasonography, and various plasma haemostatic factors was examined in 64 apparently healthy males, aged 38 years. Plasma levels of factor VII… Expand
Expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in human adipose tissue: a role for TNF-alpha?
Elevated plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) plasma levels, responsible for reduced fibrinolysis, are associated with animal and human obesity and with increased cardiovascular disease. The… Expand
Influence of metformin on metabolic effect of insulin in human adipose tissue in vitro.
- M. Cigolini, O. Bosello, C. Zancanaro, P. Orlandi, O. Fezzi, U. Smith
- Medicine, Chemistry
- Diabete & metabolisme
- 1 December 1984
To study the mechanism(s) of action of metformin, fragments of human subcutaneous adipose tissue were incubated with therapeutic blood concentrations of metformin. In the absence of insulin no effect… Expand
Hyperuricaemia: relationships to body fat distribution and other components of the insulin resistance syndrome in 38-year-old healthy men and women.
- M. Cigolini, G. Targher, M. Tonoli, F. Manara, M. Muggeo, G. De Sandre
- International journal of obesity and related…
- 1 February 1995
The aim of this work was to evaluate whether hyperuricaemia correlates with the cluster of metabolic and haemodynamic disorders closely associated with insulin resistance syndrome (IRS) in young… Expand