Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
The Role of Alexithymia in Quality of Life and Health Care Use in Asthma
- I. Vázquez, E. Sández, Beatriz González-Freire, Esther Romero-Frais, M. Blanco-Aparicio, H. Verea-Hernando
- The Journal of asthma : official journal of the…
- 1 September 2010
Background. Alexithymia is a personality trait characterized by difficulties in perceiving and expressing emotions. The relationship between alexithymia and health outcomes in asthma has been shown… Expand
Psychological and self-management factors in near-fatal asthma.
- I. Vázquez, Esther Romero-Frais, +6 authors Héctor Vera-Hernando
- Psychology, Medicine
- Journal of psychosomatic research
- 1 February 2010
BACKGROUND Several studies that have analyzed differences in psychological and self-management variables between patients with a near-fatal asthma (NFA) attack and asthmatics without a NFA attack… Expand
[Treatment with sildenafil, bosentan, or both in children and young people with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension and Eisenmenger's syndrome].
- I. Raposo-Sonnenfeld, I. Otero-González, M. Blanco-Aparicio, Á. Ferrer-Barba, C. Medrano-López
- Revista espanola de cardiologia
INTRODUCTION AND OBJECTIVES Pulmonary arterial hypertension carries a poor prognosis in both adult and pediatric patients. Current understanding of the mechanisms underlying pulmonary arterial… Expand
Utility of brief questionnaires of health-related quality of life (Airways Questionnaire 20 and Clinical COPD Questionnaire) to predict exacerbations in patients with asthma and COPD
- M. Blanco-Aparicio, I. Vázquez, S. Pita-Fernández, S. Pértega-Díaz, H. Verea-Hernando
- Health and Quality of Life Outcomes
- 27 May 2013
BackgroundThere is some evidence that quality of life measured by long disease-specific questionnaires may predict exacerbations in asthma and COPD, however brief quality of life tools, such as the… Expand
Prescription of oral corticosteroids in near-fatal asthma patients: relationship with panic-fear, anxiety and depression.
- Esther Romero-Frais, M. I. Vázquez, E. Sández, M. Blanco-Aparicio, I. Otero, H. Verea
- Scandinavian journal of psychology
- 1 October 2005
Oral corticosteroids are the most effective drugs for illness management, especially in near-fatal asthma (NFA) patients. Prescription of oral corticosteroids in other groups of asthmatic patients… Expand
Depression, Panic-Fear, and Quality of Life in Near-Fatal Asthma Patients
- E. Sández, M. I. Vázquez, Esther Romero-Frais, M. Blanco-Aparicio, I. Otero, H. Verea
- Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical…
- 1 June 2005
The aim of this study was to assess the relationships between depressive symptoms and symptom-centered panic-fear (P-F), and reports of health-related quality of life (HRQOL), in persons with… Expand
[Cultural adaptation into Spanish of the Airways Questionnaire 20, a short health-related quality-of-life questionnaire for the clinical evaluation of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary…
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES The routine use of health-related quality-of-life questionnaires in patients with chronic respiratory disease is limited due to the time required to complete them. The… Expand
Effects of a muscular training program on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients with moderate or severe exacerbation antecedents.
- Asenet López-García, S. Souto-Camba, M. Blanco-Aparicio, L. González-Doniz, J. L. Saleta, H. Verea-Hernando
- European journal of physical and rehabilitation…
- 1 April 2016
BACKGROUND Muscular training is the corner stone of pulmonary rehabilitation programs. AIM To evaluate the effects of a muscular training program - carried out on chronic obstructive pulmonary… Expand
Compassionate Use of Lumacaftor/Ivacaftor in Cystic Fibrosis: Spanish Experience.
- Layla Diab-Cáceres, R. M. Girón-Moreno, +15 authors Francisco Javier Gómez-de-Terreros-Caro
- Archivos de bronconeumologia
- 1 December 2018
BACKGROUND The most common cystic fibrosis (CF)-causing mutation is deltaF508 (F508del), which is present in 28% of CF Spanish patients. While the literature based on real-life studies on CF patients… Expand
Chronic pneumomediastinum and subcutaneous emphysema: association with dermatomyositis.
- F. J. de Toro Santos, H. Verea-Hernando, C. Montero, M. Blanco-Aparicio, J. Torres Lanzas, F. Pombo Felipe
- Respiration; international review of thoracic…
We describe a 41-year-old patient with adult-onset dermatomyositis who developed persistent pneumomediastinum and severe subcutaneous emphysema due to end-stage interstitial lung disease. The… Expand