Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Gangliosides antinociceptive effects in rodents.
- M. Amico-Roxas, A. Caruso, S. Trombadore, R. Scifo, U. Scapagnini
- Chemistry, MedicineArchives internationales de pharmacodynamie et de…
- 1 November 1984
It is suggested that gangliosides can reduce the exudative phenomena interfering with the membrane permeability of the nerve-endings breaking the vicious circle of the neurogenic mechanisms of plasma extravasation.
The analgesic activity of calcitonin and the central serotonergic system.
- G. Clementi, M. Amico-Roxas, +5 authors U. Scapagnini
- Chemistry, MedicineEuropean journal of pharmacology
- 15 January 1985
The results obtained confirm that the analgesic activity of sCT may involve central serotonergic pathway(s), and that the midbrain raphe nuclei 5-HT content is an important focus for this activity.
Synthesis and pharmacological study of a series of 3(2H)-pyridazinones as analgesic and antiinflammatory agents.
- N. A. Santagati, F. Duro, A. Caruso, S. Trombadore, M. Amico-Roxas
- Chemistry, MedicineIl Farmaco; edizione scientifica
- 1 December 1985
The synthesis and the pharmacological evaluation of some 3(2H)-pyridazinone derivatives showed a higher analgesic activity than phenylbutazone, while being devoid of ulcerogenic action.
Protective effects of calcitonin gene-related peptide in different experimental models of gastric ulcers.
- G. Clementi, M. Amico-Roxas, A. Caruso, V. Cutuli, S. Maugeri, A. Prato
- MedicineEuropean journal of pharmacology
- 6 July 1993
Intravenous administration of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) prevented in a dose-dependent manner reserpine-induced gastric mucosal damage, but failed to affect the lesions produced by…
Studies on annelated thiazolopyrimidines IV. Synthesis and pharmacological properties of thiazolothienopyrimidine derivatives
Abstract During our research on analgesic and anti-inflammatory active condensed heterocyclic compounds containing the pyrimidine ring, a number of thiazolothienopyrimidines was synthesized and…
Adrenomedullin modulates COX-2 and HGF expression in reserpine-injuried gastric mucosa in the rat.
- G. Cantarella, G. Martinez, +6 authors G. Clementi
- Biology, MedicineEuropean journal of pharmacology
- 22 August 2005
The results suggest that the inhibitory effect of adrenomedullin on the expression of HGF and COX-2 is mediated by CGRP receptors.
Grapefruit juice effects on the bioavailability of cyclosporin-A in rats.
- N. Mangano, V. Cutuli, A. Caruso, E. de Bernardis, M. Amico-Roxas
- Chemistry, MedicineEuropean review for medical and pharmacological…
It was demonstrated that rats may be suitable models for in vivo investigation of the interaction mechanism between grapefruit juice and cyclosporin-A in rats, and results confirm that grapefruit Juice may act as an inhibitor of drug metabolism altering the disposition of concomittantly administered CyP3A4 in rats.
Synthesis and pharmacological study of ethyl 1-methyl-5-[2-substituted-4-oxo-3(4H)-quinazolinyl]-1H-pyrazole-4-acetates
Abstract A number of new ethyl 1-methyl-5-[4-oxo-3(4 H )-quinazolinyl]-1 H -pyrazole-4-acetates substituted at the 2 position of the quinazolinone ring were prepared. The compounds were tested for…
Synthesis and pharmacological study of some 3-(isoxazol-5-yl)-quinazolin-4(3H)-ones.
A number of new 3-(isoxazol-5-yl)-quinazolin-4(3H)-ones was prepared and tested for their analgesic, antipyretic and antiinflammatory activities, as well as for their acute toxicity and ulcerogenic effects.
Antiinflammatory activity of adrenomedullin in the acetic acid peritonitis in rats.
- G. Clementi, A. Caruso, V. Cutuli, A. Prato, N. Mangano, M. Amico-Roxas
- Chemistry, MedicineLife sciences
- 3 September 1999
The data suggest that ADM exerts antiinflammatory activity in the model characterized by a vascular component, which involves CGRP receptors and appears to be mediated by nitric oxide system.