The Tropical Brown Alga Lobophora variegata: A Source of Antiprotozoal Compounds
- Z. Cantillo-Ciau, R. Moo-Puc, L. Quijano, Y. Freile-Pelegrín
- ChemistryMarine Drugs
- 16 April 2010
The whole extract of Lobophora variegata showed the highest activity against Trichomonas vaginalis, and the mixture of 1–3 showed good activity against E. histolytica and moderate activity against T. vaginalis; ground information is afford for the potential use of the whole extract and fractions of this species in protozoal infections.
Preliminary results on the protective effect of (-)-edunol, a pterocarpan from Brongniartia podalyrioides (Leguminosae), against Bothrops atrox venom in mice.
- R. Reyes-Chilpa, F. Gómez-Garibay, L. Quijano, G. Magos-Guerrero, T. Ríos
- Biology, ChemistryJournal of Ethnopharmacology
- 1 May 1994
Antigiardial activity of triterpenoids from root bark of Hippocratea excelsa.
- G. Mena-Rejón, A. R. Perez-Espadas, L. Quijano
- ChemistryJournal of Natural Products
- 27 March 2007
Two new triterpenoids, 21 beta-hydroxyolean-12-en-3-one and a seco-dinor derivative of pristimerine named dzununcanone, were isolated from the root bark of Hippocratea excelsa and the antiprotozoal activities were determined against Giardia intestinalis.
Stimulation of witchweed germination by sesquiterpene lactones: a structure-activity study.
- N. Fischer, J. Weidenhamer, James L. Riopel, James L. Riopel, L. Quijano, Marios A. Menelaou
21β-Hydroxy-oleanane-type triterpenes from Hippocratea excelsa
- D. Cáceres-Castillo, G. Mena-Rejón, R. Cedillo-Rivera, L. Quijano
- 1 February 2008
Structure, Absolute Configuration, and Antiproliferative Activity of Abietane and Icetexane Diterpenoids from Salvia ballotiflora
- B. Esquivel, Celia Bustos-Brito, L. Quijano
- 1 October 2017
The diterpenoid profile found is of chemotaxonomic relevance and reinforces the evolutionary link of S. ballotiflora with other members of the section Tomentellae.
BROMINATED METABOLITES FROM THE SPONGE APLYSINA (VERONGIA) THIONA lr2
- Francisco Cruz, L. Quijano, F. Gómez-Garibay, T. Ríos
- 1 May 1990
Allelopathic agents from common weeds. Amaranthus palmeri, Ambrosia artemisiifolia, and related weeds.
- N. Fischer, L. Quijano
Prenylflavanols from Tephrosia quercetorum
- F. Gómez-Garibay, L. Quijano, J. Calderón, S. Morales, T. Ríos