CRISPR-Cas9 modified bacteriophage for treatment of Staphylococcus aureus induced osteomyelitis and soft tissue infection
- Leah K. Horstemeyer, J. Park, L. Priddy
- Biology, MedicinebioRxiv
- 17 July 2019
An in vivo rat model of osteomyelitis and soft tissue infection is developed that was reproducible and challenging and enabled longitudinal monitoring of infection progression and the efficacy of phage at mitigatingsoft tissue infection was equal to that of high dose fosfomycin.
Dehydrated Human Amnion/Chorion Membrane (dHACM) Allografts as a Therapy for Orthopedic Tissue Repair
- J. Lei, L. Priddy, Jeremy J. Lim, T. Koob
- Medicine, Biology
- 1 September 2017
The basic structure, function, and components of dHACM are discussed, and its current in vitro, in vivo, and clinical usages in orthopedic tissue repair applications are summarized.
Identification of Extracellular Matrix Components and Biological Factors in Micronized Dehydrated Human Amnion/Chorion Membrane
- J. Lei, L. Priddy, Jeremy J. Lim, M. Massee, T. Koob
- BiologyAdvances in wound care
- 1 February 2017
This is the first study to characterize components that function in wound healing, including inhibitor and protease content and activity, in micronized dHACM, providing a better understanding of how micronization dH ACM tissue can be used to effectively promote wound repair.
Alkali treatment facilitates functional nano-hydroxyapatite coating of 3D printed polylactic acid scaffolds.
- Weitong Chen, Luke Nichols, L. Priddy
- Materials Science, BiologyMaterials Science and Engineering C: Materials…
- 27 October 2020
Oxidized alginate hydrogels for bone morphogenetic protein-2 delivery in long bone defects.
- L. Priddy, Ovijit Chaudhuri, R. Guldberg
- Biology, EngineeringActa Biomaterialia
- 1 October 2014
Ultrastructure of porcine mitral valve chordae tendineae.
- J. Liao, L. Priddy, Bo Wang, Joseph Chen, I. Vesely
- BiologyJournal of Heart Valve Disease
- 1 May 2009
The configuration of collagen fibrils in the Mitral valve chordae is more complex than initially thought, and different chordae have morphologies that are likely specific to their mechanical role in the mitral apparatus.
Autoclaving of Poloxamer 407 hydrogel and its use as a drug delivery vehicle.
- Mary Catherine Beard, L. H. Cobb, L. Priddy
- Biology, EngineeringJournal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part B…
- 21 August 2020
Investigation of the effects of autoclaving on the properties of P407 hydrogel found water content and gelation temperature were reduced by autoclave sterilization, while other rheological properties and the efficacy of the biomaterial as a delivery vehicle for vancomycin in vitro were unaffected.
Functional Augmentation of Naturally-Derived Materials for Tissue Regeneration
- A. Allen, L. Priddy, M. Li, R. Guldberg
- Biology, Materials ScienceAnnals of Biomedical Engineering
- 1 March 2015
The regenerative mode of action of naturally-derived materials requires additional investigation and elucidating such mechanisms will allow for the determination of critical design parameters to further enhance efficacy and capitalize on the full potential of Naturally-derived scaffolds.
Therapeutics and delivery vehicles for local treatment of osteomyelitis
- L. H. Cobb, Emily M McCabe, L. Priddy
- Biology, MedicineJournal of Orthopaedic Research
- 14 April 2020
This review addresses the efficacy of novel therapeutics and local delivery vehicles, as alternatives to the traditional antibiotic regimens for long bone osteomyelitis, with a focus on S. aureus infection.
EXPERIMENTAL OBSERVATION OF HIGH STRAIN RATE RESPONSES OF PORCINE BRAIN, LIVER, AND TENDON
- J. Clemmer, R. Prabhu, J. Liao
- Biology, Engineering
- 9 May 2016
The results suggest that cellular water and ECM content play a critical role in the biomechanical responses to high strain rate compression.