Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Stimulation of adrenal glucocorticoid secretion in man by raising the body temperature
1. Plasma cortisol and corticosterone concentrations increased significantly in eleven resting, unacclimatized subjects after 2 hr exposure to an ambient temperature of 46° C dry bulb, 36° C wet bulb… Expand
Dispersion of the QT Interval as a Predictor of Cardiac Death in Patients with Coronary Heart Disease
- M. Trusz-Gluza, I. Woźniak-Skowerska, L. Giec, K. Szydło
- Pacing and clinical electrophysiology : PACE
- 1 November 1996
Abnormal dispersion of the QT interval (QTd), measured as interlead variability of QT, may reflect a regional variation in duration of ventricular action potential and, hence, of cardiac electrical… Expand
International, randomized, controlled trial of lamifiban (a platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitor), heparin, or both in unstable angina
Serum enzyme activities after cardioversion
Serum aspartate aminotransferase (SGOT), alanine aminotransferase (SGPT), creatinine phosphokinase (CPK), and butyric acid dehydrogenase (BDH) were determined in 94 patients before, 1½ hours, and 24… Expand
Transcutaneous inhibition of sweat gland function by atropine.
Electrophysiologic properties of transplanted human heart with and without rejection.
- A. Wnuk-Wojnar, M. Zembala, +4 authors L. Giec
- The Journal of heart and lung transplantation…
- 1 May 1992
Twelve male heart transplant recipients underwent routine electrophysiologic evaluation. None were taking cardioactive drugs, and only two had symptoms of arrhythmia. Two patients had endocardial VVI… Expand
Thyroid control of sweat gland function.
- K. Gibiński, C. Powierza-Kaczyńska, J. Żmudziński, L. Giec, J. Dosiak
- Chemistry, Medicine
- Metabolism: clinical and experimental
- 1 September 1972
Abstract Thermal sweat was examined in 26 hyperthyroid patients before and after the thyrostatic treatment. The mean sweating rate (measured as body weight loss after heat exposure) was a little… Expand
Body side related assymmetry in sweat gland function.
- K. Gibiński, L. Giec, J. Żmudziński, J. Waclawczyk, J. Dosiak
- Biology, Medicine
- The Journal of investigative dermatology
- 1 September 1971
Sweat sodium and potassium concentrations were determined in 38 healthy young subjects exposed to a hot, humid environment. Sweat samples were taken from two symmetric areas on the back and /or the… Expand
[Antidiuretic hormone and thermal sweating].