Krishnaveni Naidoo

We don’t have enough information about this author to calculate their statistics. If you think this is an error let us know.
Learn More
Propagules of Avicennia marina, Bruguiera gymnorrhiza and Rhizophora mucronata were cultivated in rhizotrons (root observation chambers) and subjected to sediment oiling treatments for 409days to determine the effects of oil on root growth. Oiling reduced root length, specific root length, relative root growth rate and root diameter, while specific root(More)
The uptake of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and their cellular effects were investigated in the mangrove Bruguiera gymnorrhiza. Seedlings were subjected to sediment oiling for three weeks. In the oiled treatment, the ƩPAHs was higher in roots (99%) than in leaves (1%). In roots, PAHs included phenanthrene (55%), acenaphthene (13%), fluorine (12%) and(More)
Amadumbe, commonly known as taro, is an indigenous underutilised tuber to Southern Africa. In this study, starch functional properties and in vitro starch digestibility of processed products from wild and cultivated amadumbe were determined. Starch extracts from both amadumbe types had similar contents of total starch (approx. 95%). Wild and cultivated(More)
  • 1