Khosro Setayeshi

  • Citations Per Year
Learn More
Background:Postoperative nausea and vomiting (PONV) is a common complication after general anesthesia, and the prevalence ranges between 25% and 30%. The aim of this study was to determine the preventive effects of dry cupping on PONV by stimulating point P6 in the wrist. Methods: This was a randomized controlled trial conducted at the Imam Reza Hospital in(More)
BACKGROUND Postoperative nausea and vomiting (PONV) is a common complication after general anesthesia, and the prevalence ranges between 25% and 30%. The aim of this study was to determine the preventive effects of dry cupping on PONV by stimulating point P6 in the wrist. METHODS This was a randomized controlled trial conducted at the Imam Reza Hospital(More)
hest injury is a common problem in patients sustaining blunt or penetrating trauma.1 Thoracic wounds account for 20-25% of all trauma deaths. Only 10-15% of all chest wounds require tube thoracostomy, whereas the remaining 85% can be managed with a closed tube thoracostomy.2 A major morbidity associated with this therapeutic device is empyema. The role of(More)
We intended to compare gray-scale vs. color Doppler ultrasound findings in cold thyroid nodules. Sixty-four patients with cold thyroid nodules for whom the presumptive diagnosis of malignancy (based on isotope scan study) had been made were consecutively included. They underwent gray-scale and color Doppler sonography studies. Based on histopathologic(More)
AIM Our aim was to evaluate impact of chemotherapy (5-fluorouracil plus docetaxel and cisplatin) on the survival of gastric cancer cases. METHOD Seventy-nine patients were eligible to take part in this study between November 2006 and April 2013, who received 5-fluorouracil (700 mg/m2, 21-h infusion within 5 days), cisplatin (60 mg/m2 on day 3), and(More)
  • 1