Kensaku Shibata

Learn More
The role of pentraxin 3 (PTX3) has been implicated in the process of plaque vulnerability. However, few studies have addressed the direct relationship between plaque morphology and plasma PTX3. We evaluated the relationship between coronary vulnerable plaque, assessed by optical coherence tomography (OCT), and plasma PTX3 in patients with coronary artery(More)
Immunoglobulin G4 (IgG4)-related disease is an emerging new clinicopathological disorder that is characterized by elevation of serum IgG4 levels and histological findings of IgG4-positive plasmacytic infiltration. IgG4-related disease may appear synchronously or metachronously in a wide variety of organs. The current patient was found to have pericardial(More)
BACKGROUND Fibroblast growth factor 23 (FGF23), with its co-receptor Klotho, plays a crucial role in phosphate metabolism. Several recent studies suggested that circulating FGF23 and α-Klotho concentrations might be related to cardiovascular abnormalities in patients with advanced renal failure. PURPOSE Using data from 100 cardiology inpatients who were(More)
BACKGROUND Several studies have shown that serum uric acid (UA) is associated with left ventricular (LV) hypertrophy. Serum levels of parathyroid hormone (PTH), which has bbe shown to be correlated with UA, is also known to be associated with cardiac hypertrophy; however, whether the association between UA and cardiac hypertrophy is independent of PTH(More)
A 52-year-old man was admitted to our hospital due to shortness of breath that developed one week after the diagnosis of influenza infection. He had a past history of myocarditis associated with influenza B infection 16 years before the current admission. The patient's left ventricular function showed diffuse hypokinesis with a left ventricular ejection(More)
Mean serum uric acid (SUA) levels are higher in men than women. In addition, recent studies have suggested that the SUA threshold at which the cardiovascular risk might increase may vary between women and men. In the current retrospective study, by analyzing the data from 219 female and 519 male patients who were free from uric acid-lowering medication, we(More)
AIM To study whether there is an association between serum immunoglobulin G4 (IgG4) concentration and cardiac function among cardiology inpatients. METHODS This retrospective study included 91 patients who had sinus rhythm. Of 91 patients, 70 patients (77%) were aged ≥ 60 years (elderly group) and the remaining 21 patients (23%) were aged <60 years(More)
Serum levels of the soluble urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR) reflect immune and inflammatory activation, and are shown to be associated with cardiovascular outcomes. We herein investigated the potential association between suPAR and left ventricular diastolic dysfunction among patients with preserved left ventricular ejection fraction(More)
  • 1