Learn More
Canine histiocytic sarcoma (HS) is a rare neoplasm that originates from dendritic cells or macrophages, and there have been a number of cases experienced in Japan. To identify the characteristics and prognostic variables that determine outcome in dogs with HS in Japan, medical records of 73 dogs with HS were retrospectively analyzed. Signalment, clinical(More)
The present study was carried out to analyze the prognosis of 163 cats with lymphoma classified anatomically and cytomorphologically. Anatomically, alimentary lymphoma was the most common form and showed significantly shorter survival than mediastinal and nasal lymphomas in cats. Cytomorphologically, there was no predominant subtype in feline lymphomas.(More)
The presence of circulating tumor cells (CTCs) serves as a prognostic marker and indicator of disease relapse, as well as a means of evaluating treatment efficacy in human and canine lymphoma patients. As an extension of our previous study for the construction of clinically useful GeneScan system, we utilized the GeneScan system for detecting CTCs in canine(More)
Little information is available regarding triple-phase computed tomography (CT) of canine pancreatic insulinoma. A few case reports with small numbers of cases have indicated that hyper-attenuation in the arterial phase was a common finding on multi-phasic CT in dogs with insulinoma. Our purpose was to clarify the characteristic findings of dogs with(More)
A 10-year-old neutered male Labrador Retriever dog was diagnosed with idiopathic megaesophagus. Despite receiving conventional treatments including elevated feeding, the dog showed repeated regurgitation and aspiration pneumonia, consequently developing weight loss and severe malnutrition. For the purpose of controlling regurgitation, an esophagostomy tube(More)
Nimustine (ACNU) is an alkylating agent of the nitrosourea and can be an antineoplastic agent in dogs. But, there has been no report on its dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) in dogs. This study was a phase I dose-escalation clinical trial to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and DLT of ACNU in tumor-bearing dogs. The starting dosage was 25 mg/m(2), and(More)
Inflammatory colorectal polyps (ICRPs) frequently occur in miniature dachshunds (MDs) in Japan. MDs with ICRPs develop multiple polyps with severe neutrophil infiltration that respond to immunosuppressive therapy. Therefore, ICRPs are thought to constitute a novel, breed-specific form of canine inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Pattern recognition receptors(More)
Inflammatory colorectal polyp (ICRP), common in miniature dachshunds, presents with hematochezia, tenesmus and mucoid feces. Although an 80% response rate has been reported when treated with prednisolone and cyclosporine, effective treatment is needed for the remaining 20% of ICRP dogs. Leflunomide is an immunosuppressive drug reported as effective in(More)
A novel hematology analyzer for small animal medicine, ProCyte Dx, was developed from combination of the fluorescence laser flow cytometry and laminar flow impedance technologies, and its accuracy was evaluated by comparing with the conventional impedance-based hematology analyzer, pocH-100iV Diff, or microscopic manual cell counting methods with staining(More)
Canine pancreatitis is a relatively common disorder, and its mortality rate remains high. However, prognostic factors for pancreatitis based on evidence are limited. Moreover, the relationship between changes in C-reactive protein (CRP) concentration-an important prognostic factor for human patients with acute pancreatitis-and the prognosis of dogs with(More)
  • 1