Kazuhisa Moro

Learn More
To assess the possibility of gene therapy for recurrent laryngeal nerve (RLN) injury, we examined functional and histological recovery after glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) gene transfer in a rat RLN crush model. Adenoviral vector encoding β-galactosidase gene (AxCALacZ) or human GDNF gene (AxCAhGDNF) was injected into the crush site of(More)
We examined neuroprotective effects of an adenoviral vector encoding glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (AxCAhGDNF) on the lesioned adult rat motoneurons in the nucleus ambiguus. After vagal nerve avulsion, AxCAhGDNF, AxCALacZ (adenovirus encoding beta-galactosidase gene) or PBS was inoculated into the jugular foramen. Four days after the avulsion(More)
We have previously shown that neuroprotective effects of an adenoviral glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) gene transfer on the lesioned adult rat motoneurons in the nucleus ambiguus. In the present study, we examined neuroprotective effects of adenoviral gene transfer of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) or/and GDNF to motoneurons in(More)
OBJECTIVES The surgical options for laryngeal paralysis only achieve static changes of vocal fold position. Laryngeal reinnervation procedures have had little impact on the return of dynamic laryngeal function. The development of a new treatment for laryngeal paralysis, aimed at the return of dynamic function and neurologic restoration and regeneration, is(More)
We report a case of basaloid squamous carcinoma of the hypopharynx with an extensive spindle cell component in an 82-year-old man. The tumor (4.0 x 2.5 x 2.2 cm) was a pedunculated polypoid mass that was attached to the left pyriform sinus. Histologically, most (70%) of the tumor was composed of malignant spindle cell proliferation, and the rest (30%) was(More)
A supracricoid laryngectomy with cricohyoidoepiglottopexy (CHEP) consists of the resection of the whole thyroid cartilage and paraglottic space, while preserving the cricoid cartilage, the hyoid bone, most of the epiglottis and the arytenoids. Laryngeal reconstruction is achieved be suturing the cricoid cartilage and the hyoid bone. This procedure is mainly(More)
  • 1