Synthesis of antimicrobial silver nanoparticles by callus and leaf extracts from saltmarsh plant, Sesuvium portulacastrum L.
- Asmathunisha Nabikhan, K. Kandasamy, Anburaj Raj, N. Alikunhi
- Materials ScienceColloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces
- 1 September 2010
Carbon sequestration and storage in planted mangrove stands of Avicennia marina
- K. Kandasamy, N. Rajendran, Balasubramaniyan Balakrishnan, Ramanathan Thiruganasambandam, Rajendran Narayanasamy
- Environmental Science
- 1 March 2021
DNA barcoding of macrofauna act as a tool for assessing marine ecosystem.
- Sivaraj Sigamani, Murugesan Perumal, Gopi Alagiri Thivakaran, Balasubramanian Thangavel, K. Kandasamy
- Environmental Science, BiologyMarine Pollution Bulletin
- 15 July 2016
Synthesis of silver nanoparticles by coastal plant Prosopis chilensis (L.) and their efficacy in controlling vibriosis in shrimp Penaeus monodon
- K. Kandasamy, N. Alikunhi, Gayathridevi Manickaswami, Asmathunisha Nabikhan, Gopalakrishnan Ayyavu
- BiologyApplied Nanoscience
- 1 February 2013
The present study proved the possibility of using silver nanoparticles produced by coastal Prosopis chilensis as antibacterial agent in controlling vibriosis.
Antioxident activity of the mangrove endophytic fungus (Trichoderma sp.).
- S. Kandasamy, K. Kandasamy
It is concluded that mangroves are rich in endophytic Trichoderma species with potential for antioxidant activity and these strains isolated from the leaves of Andaman Nicobar Islands showed considerable activity.
Effect of Mangrove Tea Extract from Ceriops decandra (Griff.) Ding Hou. on Salivary Bacterial Flora of DMBA Induced Hamster Buccal Pouch Carcinoma
- N. Sithranga Boopathy, K. Kandasamy, M. Subramanian, Jeon You-Jin
- Biology, MedicineIndian Journal of Microbiology
- 27 February 2011
The present study concluded that the tea extract from C. decandra prevents the oral cancer incidences and maintain the good health conditions of the animals.
In Silico Studies on Fungal Metabolite against Skin Cancer Protein (4,5-Diarylisoxazole HSP90 Chaperone)
- S. Kandasamy, S. Sahu, K. Kandasamy
- Chemistry, BiologyISRN Dermatology
- 6 September 2012
The heptadecanoic acid, 16 methyl, methyl ester was the most potent having the docking score of −11.4592 Kcal/mol, better than the standard drug “dyclonine”.
Reproductive biology of a natural mangrove hybrid Rhizophora annamalayana and its parent species (R. apiculata and R. mucronata) (Rhizophoraceae)
- K. Seetharaman, K. Kandasamy
- 1 December 2011
This work investigated possible causes of rare fruit set and explored ways of overcoming reproductive difficulties in this mangrove hybrid, and confirmed that cleiostogamy occurred in R. annamalayana.
Survival and growth of fish (Lates calcarifer) under integrated mangrove-aquaculture and open-aquaculture systems
- S. Venkatachalam, K. Kandasamy, I. Krishnamoorthy, Rajendran Narayanasamy
- Environmental Science, Biology
- 1 February 2018