Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Expression systems for heterologous production of antimicrobial peptides
- N. Parachin, K. C. Mulder, Antônio Américo Barbosa Viana, S. C. Dias, O. Franco
- Medicine, BiologyPeptides
- 1 December 2012
Data revised here indicate that large-scale production of AMPs can be obtained using biotechnological tools, and the products may be applied in the pharmaceutical industry as well as in agribusiness.
Current scenario of peptide-based drugs: the key roles of cationic antitumor and antiviral peptides
- K. C. Mulder, L. A. Lima, V. Miranda, S. C. Dias, O. Franco
- Chemistry, MedicineFront. Microbiol.
- 8 September 2013
This review will focus on both naturally occurring and designed antiviral and antitumor cationic peptides, including those here called promiscuous, in which multiple targets are associated with a single peptide structure, focusing on their applications for human health, animal health and agriculture.
Lovastatin production: From molecular basis to industrial process optimization.
- K. C. Mulder, F. Mulinari, O. Franco, Maria S F Soares, B. S. Magalhães, N. Parachin
- Biology, MedicineBiotechnology advances
- 1 November 2015
This review brings, for the first time, complete information about the genetic basis for lovastatin production, detection and quantification, strain screening and cultivation process optimization, and all the information available from patent databases covering each protected aspect during Lovastatin bio-production.
Novel homologous lactate transporter improves l-lactic acid production from glycerol in recombinant strains of Pichia pastoris
- Pollyne Borborema Almeida de Lima, K. C. Mulder, +8 authors N. Parachin
- Biology, MedicineMicrobial Cell Factories
- 15 September 2016
It was shown that P. pastoris has a great potential as a fermentative organism for producing l-lactic acid using glycerol as the carbon source at limited oxygenation conditions (below 0.05 % DO in the bioreactor).
Exploring the Pharmacological Potential of Promiscuous Host-Defense Peptides: From Natural Screenings to Biotechnological Applications
This review intends to construct a bridge between academic research and pharmaceutical industry, providing novel insights into the utilization of HDPs against resistant bacterial strains that cause infections in humans.
Production of a modified peptide clavanin in Pichia pastoris: cloning, expression, purification and in vitro activities
- K. C. Mulder, Loiane Alves de Lima, +4 authors N. Parachin
- Biology, MedicineAMB Express
- 6 August 2015
The findings show that both constitutive and inducible expression systems produce active clavMO fused to thioredoxin against both Gram-negative Klebsiella pneumoniae and Gram-positive Staphylococcus aureus microorganisms.
Production of a polar fish antimicrobial peptide in Escherichia coli using an ELP-intein tag.
- D. A. Sousa, K. C. Mulder, K. S. Nobre, N. Parachin, O. Franco
- Biology, MedicineJournal of biotechnology
- 20 September 2016
Batch fermentation demonstrated that Pa-MAP-2 can be produced in both rich and defined media at yields 50-fold higher than reported for other AMPs produced by the ELP-intein system, and in comparable yields to expression systems with protease or chemical cleavage.
Construction of an artificial secYEG operon allowing high level secretion of α-amylase.
- K. C. Mulder, Joanna Bandoła, W. Schumann
- Biology, MedicineProtein expression and purification
- 1 May 2013
It is proved by immunoblot experiments that the amount of α-amylase secreted in the presence of increased amounts of SecYEG proteins is enhanced, and increasing the number of translocons is accompanied by a concomitant increase in the amount exoenzymes.
Critical aspects to be considered prior to large-scale production of peptides.
- K. C. Mulder, Antônio Américo Barbosa Viana, M. Xavier, N. Parachin
- Biology, MedicineCurrent protein & peptide science
- 31 October 2013
The main scale-up pitfalls for the two methods of peptide production are reviewed here, including the advantages of each, with a special focus on the main challenges for large-scale, heterologous production systems.
Effect of Pyruvate Decarboxylase Knockout on Product Distribution Using Pichia pastoris (Komagataella phaffii) Engineered for Lactic Acid Production
- N. T. M. Melo, K. C. Mulder, +4 authors N. Parachin
- Chemistry, MedicineBioengineering
- 16 February 2018
Lactic acid is the monomer unit of the bioplastic poly-lactic acid (PLA). One candidate organism for lactic acid production is Pichia pastoris, a yeast widely used for heterologous protein…